January 2020’s PS+ games are Goat Simulator and The Nathan Drake Collection

F3C0E632-6B04-432D-9F25-9C8EF42946EF.jpeg

It’s not just a new year, but a new month as well, meaning it’s time to collect the new games for subscription services. For PlayStation Plus users, they’ll get two new PS4 games in January.

The first of which is Goat Simulator, which released to big laughs in 2014, letting gamers live out their dream of playing as a goat, running around and messing with objects and bouncing on trampolines, as goats tend to do.

The second PS+ game for January is multiple games in one, in the form of the Nathan Drake Collection, which bundles remastered versions of the first three Uncharted games.

You’ll be able to grab these games starting on January 7th, until February 3rd. Until then, make sure to get December’s games while you still can!

:arrow: Source

KlariNoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Goat simulator is meh. Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 are all great games but I already have them. I definitely recommend them to those that haven't played them already though

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I'm happy that those who haven't played Uncharted will get a chance to finally. The games are old but they hold up really well today. I got them with my original PS4 and I blame Uncharted 1 for starting me down the path of compulsive platinum hunting.

Too bad the Collection and Goat Simulator are already dirt cheap.

Reactions: Deleted User

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
What's up with the whole first Tuesday of the month thing?
Collected a couple hundred games and I've never thought to ask. ;p
It can be a bit annoying because that means last month's games are available for 5 weeks but this months are available only for 4. But that's always how they've done it. I think it would make more sense if it was always on the 1st. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: So I googled it. "Tuesday is the day that the PSN Store gets it's weekly updates in the US so they generally roll things live through out all the territories on a Tuesday."

Last edited by Ericzander,

Dubbicakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be a bit annoying because that means last month's games are available for 5 weeks but this months are available only for 4. But that's always how they've done it. I think it would make more sense if it was always on the 1st. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: So I googled it. "Tuesday is the day that the PSN Store gets it's weekly updates in the US so they generally roll things live through out all the territories on a Tuesday."
Meanwhile Microsoft over here like, "We give away garbage, but at least it's on the 1st and 15th."

Huh, makes sense and I still don't like it. =[

D

Deleted User

What's up with the whole first Tuesday of the month thing?
Collected a couple hundred games and I've never thought to ask. ;p
Possibly following the trend of Patch Tuesday, where computers are often taken offline for updating on either every Tuesday(Blizzard games) or the first tueaday of the month (Microsoft).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might actually have something to put on the shiny new hard drive we got for the PS4, especially as I did not really get around to doing uncharted (even if I technically own copies of all of them).

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually pretty dope, I've been meaning to replay 1-3 and now I have the perfect excuse.

Did it just get added to the PS Store or something? Because I couldn't find it when I searched for it a year or two ago! I know physical copies exist, but it's the 8th generation of consoles on a system not made by Nintendo.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it just get added to the PS Store or something? Because I couldn't find it when I searched for it a year or two ago! I know physical copies exist, but it's the 8th generation of consoles on a system not made by Nintendo.
Mmmm no. It's been there for a long time. It released on October, 9th 2015 in the USA store.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm happy that those who haven't played Uncharted will get a chance to finally. The games are old but they hold up really well today. I got them with my original PS4 and I blame Uncharted 1 for starting me down the path of compulsive platinum hunting.

Too bad the Collection and Goat Simulator are already dirt cheap.
Trophies the best thing to happen in video games since they began and yes uncharted was my 2nd game trophy hunting hearing tht trophy noise for first time was a great feeling - nintendo really need to do something re achievements the setup is ther what with stars as trophies they really are at the moment run by a bunch of twats :lol:

Reactions: Ericzander

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work