ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
QUOTE said:
The recently held maintainance was for a reason after all. Several reports from users the world over suggests that you can no longer access PSN if you have been foolish enough to use the PSJAILBREAK device.

Our sources can confirm that this is indeed true and Sony has blocked access to PSN for anyone with a hacked PS3. This was implemented during the recently concluded maintainance that PSN went through last night.

Do note that this will be in effect even if you DON'T update to the current firmware update. Sony has implemented a system which will detect your hacked PS3 as soon as you connect to PSN.

If you have been using the PSJ and can't access PSN yourselves, kindly let us know. You should have known better though, you got what you deserved

SOURCE

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Was to be expected. I mean, they log your console data and stuff, so it'd be pretty easy to block anyone who installed certain programs, and since their consoleis protected like a bank vault, this was the obvious next step in security. I guess I won't be getting myself a JB device, then.

derkiederk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not true at all, nobody has been banned. The loophole that was being used to access PSN with JB has just been closed (consoles that presented themselves as a "debug station" on connection did not need to have the latest firmware, now they do).

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah basically if you have a JB PS3 you can no longer use the latest loophole to access PSN. PSN access in general has not been for specific users that were using JB PS3s. We're more or less back to the 'status quo' of not being able to use PSN on JB PS3s, and is not similar in the 'banning' of specific Xbox360 consoles to Live.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess this just goes to prove that Sony can always stop the jailbreak, regardless of what steps are taken by hackers. Did people really think Sony doesn't have at least a dozen of those devices and reverse engineer any hacks within hours of them being publicly released?

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
You should have known better though, you got what you deserved
rofl.gif

How smug. They make it sound like jailbreakers are ruining the PS3.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
I guess this just goes to prove that Sony can always stop the jailbreak, regardless of what steps are taken by hackers. Did people really think Sony doesn't have at least a dozen of those devices and reverse engineer any hacks within hours of them being publicly released?
Sony hasn't stopped anything I could care less about psn. I can still play all the games I want and they'll be fixes for newer games just like the new castlevania

sk8mystery23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how the person who wrote that quote is such an asshole. Like the hackers even give a shit what he thinks. Makes me lulz.
biggrin.gif

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I've never heard of this site and they don't cite anything, why are people taking this info as factual? Even if it were true I don't think many people would care, online gaming is overrated

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
synce said:
Even if it were true I don't think many people would care, online gaming is overrated

+1

I'm happy with my non-PSN jalibroken PS3 because I never use my PS3 for online gaming.

If I wanted to spend more of my spare time with lamers, flamers and trolls, I'd spend it at GBAtemp instead....

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we need to refer to the current PS3 situation as PSN IS DISABLED

The term 'banned' invokes the XBox360 scenario where specific devices are identified by hardware ID and are banned from the network. This is NOT THE CASE with the current PS3 Jailbreak. I think referring to it as 'disabled' for now will reduce a lot of confusion and it makes things more clearer.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be stupid to think that Sony would so hastily ban a system that it sold at such a huge loss for years from its services permanently. After updating, previously jailbroken PS3s can still buy retail games and content from the PS store, helping Sony to recoup those losses. A banned system cannot. Sony is trying to make updating and having a legitimate PS3 as appealing as possible.

The situation on the 360 was different. It was a drive firmware flash and Microsoft couldn't enforce a certain system firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1