Jack Tretton talks about the PS4 and the Wii U.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
TwinRetro said:
_Chaz_ said:
If Sony's looking to be better than Nintendo, they should stop talking trash and come up with an original idea.
They did with the PS Vita. Dual analog sticks (which was also a Sony first) and a rear touch panel...oh, is that not innovation?
Well, according to some people (not directed at you) if Sony comes up with an original idea it's innovation but if Nintendo comes up with an original idea it's a gimmick.
rolleyes.gif

Johnny_Drama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
_Chaz_ said:
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:
That's because he's paid to take random shots at Nintendo, the company that constantly out-sells Sony's gaming division.

Unless you count the PSX or the PS2. So like half the time they do.
Actually, if I recall correctly, the PSX didn't sell too well at all, and most people don't even know what it is.

If you're referring to the PS and the PS2, those are only 2 consoles. Not really half of Sony's line up, but close.
And that's partly due to the fact that the PS2 phats died nearly as much as DS Lites cracked. Although the PS2 was a great system.

Not really half of sony's line up?

Sony released 4 systems (PS, PS2, PS3, PSP), so exactly half the line up.

Don't even give me that shit that Nintendo outsold Sony. Nintendo got beaten by a newcomer for 2 generations.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Johnny_Drama said:
_Chaz_ said:
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:
That's because he's paid to take random shots at Nintendo, the company that constantly out-sells Sony's gaming division.

Actually, if I recall correctly, the PSX didn't sell too well at all, and most people don't even know what it is.

If you're referring to the PS and the PS2, those are only 2 consoles. Not really half of Sony's line up, but close.
And that's partly due to the fact that the PS2 phats died nearly as much as DS Lites cracked. Although the PS2 was a great system.

Don't even give me that shit that Nintendo outsold the Sony. Nintendo got beaten by a newcomer for 2 generation.
I count the PSX as a system. If I was a real prick, I could count the Go as a system.
Sony wasn't a newcomer, they've been producing technology for ages, longer than Nintendo. All they had to do was make a device that could play a game.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The thread title really does attract fanboys like morphine to a drug addict.

Personally I don't give a shit, I'm going to wait until all the next gen consoles are out and make a decision based on those.

Johnny_Drama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
_Chaz_ said:
Johnny_Drama said:
_Chaz_ said:
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:

Don't even give me that shit that Nintendo outsold the Sony. Nintendo got beaten by a newcomer for 2 generation.
I count the PSX as a system. If I was a real prick, I could count the Go as a system.

Man, you're blinded by Nintendo. Let's add Panasonic Q to Nintendo's line-up while we're at it.

Sony wasn't a newcomer, they've been producing technology for ages, longer than Nintendo. All they had to do was make a device that could play a game.

Yes, totally bro. North Korea already makes TVs, they should totally conquer the world in 3D TVs now. Sorry bro, but your argument is totally invalid. The Gaming industry is a fluctuating industry. Microsoft knew how to make systems, was Xbox 1 a great success?

SEGA Mega Drive was a great success, so it's successor must have been too because Sega knows how to make a device that could play game.

Sony had/has everything Nintendo doesn't, a company driven by true businessmen knowing how to sell, how to get and how to win. Nintendo was a joke in the marketing industry. They had nothing left but to come up with a system with different audience than the actual gaming systems.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Johnny_Drama said:
Man, you're blinded by Nintendo. Let's add Panasonic Q to Nintendo's line-up while we're at it.

QUOTE said:

Yes, totally bro. North Korea already makes TVs, they should totally conquer the world in 3D TVs now. Sorry bro, but your argument is totally invalid. The Gaming industry is a fluctuating industry. Microsoft knew how to make systems, was Xbox 1 a great success?

SEGA Mega Drive was a great success, so it's successor must have been too because Sega knows how to make a device that could play game.

Sony had/has everything Nintendo doesn't, a company driven by true businessmen knowing how to sell, how to get and how to win. Nintendo was a joke in the marketing industry. They had nothing left but to come up with a system with different audience than the actual gaming systems.
The Panasonic Q is essentially the same idea as the PSX, so yeah, add it.

You took the time to type out an angry post and still missed the point.
Sony's been a huge electronics manufacturer since the late 40's. They're not new to electronics, and it's stupid to think they are, of course they could make a system that plays disc based games.

The last, and longest part of your post just sounds like fanboy rambling. If Sony was far more advanced than Nintendo in the business department, then it's not surprising that the PS3 outsold the Wii... oh wait, it didn't even come close.

Johnny_Drama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
_Chaz_ said:
Johnny_Drama said:

QUOTE said:

You took the time to type out an angry post and still missed the point.
Sony's been a huge electronics manufacturer since the late 40's. They're not new to electronics, and it's stupid to think they are, of course they could make a system that plays disc based games.

The last, and longest part of your post just sounds like fanboy rambling. If Sony was far more advanced than Nintendo in the business department, then it's not surprising that the PS3 outsold the Wii... oh wait, it didn't even come close.

Not close?
unsure.gif
Gamecube didn't get close to PS2, N64 didn't come close to PS1, PS3 did in fact, with double the price, came way closer to Wii. In fact, Wii hasn't sold 200% more than PS3, while PS2 and PS1 are at like say what 600%? And yes, I agree, the PS3 wasn't what it should have been.

Than we come to the conclusion that Nintendo had a larger portion of failed systems.

inb4 this post gets moderated.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:

I use PSX as an abbreviation for both the PS1 and the PSX. I just use PSX since it looks better. But let's not nitpick about generations, Sony has produced 4 generational consoles (Playstation and its revisions, Playstation 2 and its revision, Playstation 3 and its revisions, and the PSP and its revisions), so let's count that.

EDIT: If you see me say "PS1" here it's usually because I'm on my laptop and my "X" key is broken on it.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Johnny_Drama said:
Not close?
unsure.gif
Gamecube didn't get close to PS2, N64 didn't come close to PS1, PS3 did in fact, with double the price, came way closer to Wii. In fact, Wii hasn't sold 200% more than PS3, while PS2 and PS1 are at like say what 600%? And yes, I agree, the PS3 wasn't what it should have been.

So, the Wii outsold the PS3 regardless of Sony's godly marketing, is what you're trying to get across.
QUOTE said:

Than we come to the conclusion that Nintendo had a larger portion of failed systems.
Yeah, what is that... 2/10+? As opposed to Sony's 1.5/5.
inb4 this post gets moderated.

Guild McCommunist said:
QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Jun 19 2011, 04:45 PM)

I use PSX as an abbreviation for both the PS1 and the PSX. I just use PSX since it looks better. But let's not nitpick about generations, Sony has produced 4 generational consoles (Playstation and its revisions, Playstation 2 and its revision, Playstation 3 and its revisions, and the PSP and its revisions), so let's count that.

EDIT: If you see me say "PS1" here it's usually because I'm on my laptop and my "X" key is broken on it.
Honestly, I hate it when people use "PSX" to refer to the PlayStation. I feel it takes away from Sony's PSX, which I'm shocked didn't sell better.

Johnny_Drama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
_Chaz_ said:
So, the Wii outsold the PS3 regardless of Sony's godly marketing, is what you're trying to get across.

No, it's not the successor it should have been (through the eyes of Sony and it's fans) , but did outsell all previous Nintendo systems (It will surpass the NES this or next year).

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Johnny_Drama said:
_Chaz_ said:

No, it's not the successor it should have been (through the eyes of Sony and it's fans) , but did outsell all previous Nintendo systems (It will surpass the NES this or next year).

QUOTEwhich I'm shocked didn't sell better.

You're a joke.
Comparing the PS3 to the sales of the NES... a console that isn't sold anymore?

And I was being quite serious about the PSX. If I had known about it, I would have gotten one over the PS2 (which I got fairly late).

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone with half a brain would see the Wii U as a threat, especially if it's ultimately far more powerful then the PS3 at the same price point, which Sony can't afford a price drop any time soon.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DSGamer64 said:
Anyone with half a brain would see the Wii U as a threat, especially if it's ultimately far more powerful then the PS3 at the same price point, which Sony can't afford a price drop any time soon.
A gaming system from the new generation having better hardware than PS3/XBOX360 which are from the last gen?? NO WAY!!
ohnoes.png

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
DSGamer64 said:
A gaming system from the new generation having better hardware than PS3/XBOX360 which are from the last gen?? NO WAY!!
ohnoes.png
Exactly, it's upping the last generation. The other companies might just up the Wii U with their next generation consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols