Jack Tretton talks about the PS4 and the Wii U.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps4b.jpg

Speaking to Forbes, Tretton explained why Sony is in no rush to get the next generation underway. “PlayStation 3 is really just hitting its stride,” he said. “And technologically, I don’t think it’s possible to provide any advancement beyond what we have.”

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the Sony big-wig remains unimpressed with the Wii U: “I think there’s ground to be carved out for everybody. But I didn’t see anything about Nintendo’s announcement that said ‘Oh, we’d better get working on rolling out a new PlayStation here pretty soon.’ Our attitude is kind of ‘welcome to the party.’ If you’re looking at being a multimedia entertainment device, if you’re looking at high def gaming, that was 2006 for us.”[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

icon11.gif
Source

So what do you think?

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
TBH, I'm not impressed with the WiiU either. I think nintendo won't win the battle this time, sadly...

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
ughh, sony..
like how hd gaming was 2005 for m$?
like how move was 2006 for nintendo.? oh and like how touchscreens was 2004 for nintendo?.
-_- geez sony, you just can't figure out how to MAKE your own style of gaming

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
y wasn't this clown fired after the psn outage? I mean it did happen under his watch and the target was sony's american division. “And technologically, I don’t think it’s possible to provide any advancement beyond what we have.” is he serious??? the ps3 was outdated months before its release! sony's biggest problem has been: "talk big; failure to deliver." it's not surprising that this continues today considering u still have the poster-child of incompetence steering the ship.

D

Deleted User

DarkLG said:
Why does this guy hate on Nintendo if that's the company they have stolen most ideas from lol.
Apparently because he didn't come up with the idea first I guess XD

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There more stuff to read in the 2nd source.

Wonder if he would say the same thing if he was working for Nintendo.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Other words he is impress,but can't say it.
tongue.gif

ChaosZero816

Temp's Official Random Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Sony is the very definition of hypocrisy. They bashed on one thing and released a product like its revolutionary and they were the 1st to do it.

As for Mr. Tretton. The douchebag really needs to get his head out of his ass.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
ChaosZero816 said:
Sony is the very definition of hypocrisy. They bashed on one thing and released a product like its revolutionary and they were the 1st to do it.

As for Mr. Tretton. The douchebag really needs to get his head out of his ass.
finally!!, the first Filipino I saw trashing sony.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stench of arrogance emanating from that man is unbearable.

I believe it's not that they don't need to release the PS4, it's that they can't because it hasn't even undergone enough trial testing. Or made much head weigh to be completed enough to even announce it.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TheDarkSeed said:
The stench of arrogance emanating from that man is unbearable.

I believe it's not that they don't need to release the PS4, it's that they can't because it hasn't even undergone enough trial testing. Or made much head weigh to be completed enough to even announce it.

Or simply cause of LulzSec.
smileipb2.png

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not even trolling. You want a real industry troll? Try Bobby Kotick.

Of course when anyone, especially the competition says anything relatively bad about the WiiU, you all get up in arms and go "SONY SUCKS THEY'RE COPYCATS AND BLAH BLAH BLAH".

The WiiU is kinda basically offering what the PS3 offered in '06... Just with new controls. I'm not gonna go off on Tretton for basically stating what's true.

If Nintendo said a similarly "bashing" statement, I'm sure we'd all be like "YEAH FUCK SONY NINTENDO IS SO RIGHT".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning