Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
yep, I knew you guys would get mad..

you guys may not like it, but most (not all) adult see the DS as a kids toy.
b407b3c3-1edc-481c-a8f4-132dda5b5687.jpg

I just don't agree. Some adults sure... But I, for one, would not care about their opinion.
EDIT: I sure as hell don't see adults calling this $250 device a kids toy
unsure.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
yep, I knew you guys would get mad..

you guys may not like it, but most (not all) adult see the DS as a kids toy.

Refer to my post above. Either you're living in a very backwards culture or much more likely, your perception is simply wrong and you're putting your perceived bias on other people.

Most adults today grew up with video games on some level. My mother is almost 50, she played all sorts of arcade games and atari in her early 20's. She's addicted to facebook games and what not. She still plays harvest moon and a very other assorted games on her wii.

My grandparents still own and play a regular NES!... Well technically it's one of those newer NOAC but still old NES games they actually have owned for ages.

The culture has changed a lot in the last 20 years, but you've still got your dad's voice in your head from when you were 10 telling you that video games are just for children
wink.gif

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Darn, the guy is right, how oh how shall I ever be able to bare the shame of playing a good video game in public, MY IMAGE SHALL BE IN SHAMBLES!!! WOE IS ME!!!

srlsy though, babysitting tool? Really? Granted I could use my DS to knock someone out... but then the DS would get damaged... might even leave a trace of blood if im unlucky.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Noob, he is nothing but a douche bag, I'm waiting to see the look of this fails face when the NGP fails (which it will, since now there are more Sony haters xP)

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Noob, he is nothing but a douche bag, I'm waiting to see the look of this fails face when the NGP fails (which it will, since now there are more Sony haters xP)
While I don't agree with him, I don't agree with you either. 3DS and NGP look to be both great consoles, but I wouldn't trust anyone under the age of 10 to handle either of them either.

Sony's personality is just ridiculous, childish and moronic. Are they disregarding the massive success of the Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Advance and DS?
I haven't seen Microsoft or Nintendo using any of these child-like "mine's better than yours!" tactics.

Disregarding everything each company says about their console that isn't stated as a fact (In Iwata asks, I trust
tongue.gif
)

maxmontezuma

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I saw many comments from Nintendo regarding "we have the better stuff" or "we don't have to care about SONY or MS"... but hey, I didn't expect that anyone would talk about that on here
tongue.gif

I do like Nintendo, but I also like SONY and I think it's kinda... "stupid" to discuss about that thing he said. Of course I would try to tell people that MY product is way better. Why not?
biggrin.gif

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hell, I'm 52 and I never feel bad about taking out my dsi Xl, 3DS, or hell even my pink DSlite (I only got the pink at the time cause all the others were sold out). In fact I like braging about having the DS tech. And for the matter of it 99% of the time the people I show think it is really cool. A couple even went and bought DSes after seeing it. I'm proud of my Nintendo products and I don't really care what anyone thinks about it. If they don't like it, well then that is their problem. I'm still having fun.

jbach44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheAmericanNomad said:
Yeah. And when I'm not in class and not working on homework and not eating, yeah, that is what college is all about.

It certainly isn't for playing Pokemon or Magic of Yu-Gi-Oh.

And it isn't being false. I don't play my DS 100% of the time, so why should I have to play it when I'm in front of girls?

DS is for when I'm bored at home, on the shitter, on a road trip or plane, not for school. School, besides studying, is about hooking up and planning parties where you can hook up.

But I guess I'm not going to convince you that the DS isn't cool, despite it being plainly obvious. Just ask yourself, how much sex are you having? Is it enough? Maybe playing Yu-Gi-Oh and your DS at school have something to do with it.
unsure.gif

dude you are cracking me up. school is about studying, homework, things like that, when not doing that, your free time is for whatever you want it to be, be it adding another notch to your bedpost, gaming, whatever. for you, it's about partying and hook ups, hell I live near a "party University" and even there, the partiers also game (I see this whenever I am in the local gamestop, and most have their girlfriends with them).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
PSP games were generally failures on the sales side of things, the whole theory that the technology dictates the games is stupid, seeing as how even with the power the PSP had, it's games for the most part sucked ass. I stopped playing my PSP because there hasn't been a new game worth picking up in ages and I completed everything I have. Their only big hits were Little Big Planet which was horribly short and Gran Turismo which is just a meh racing game. What does the PSP offer that the DS doesn't have? Nothing really aside from slightly better graphics, the DS had all the games because it targeted a much larger audience, both the hardcore and casual gamers alike. Sony has yet to understand that the success of Nintendo has come because they were the first ones to reach new demographics of gamers.

Sales don't mean the quality of the game.

MadWorld sold poorly. So did No More Heroes, Dead Space Extraction, tons of Wii games. But they're awesome.

LBP and GT aren't even worth playing on the PSP and aren't even the highest selling titles (which are frequently Monster Hunter). If you can only pull up those two titles for examples then you've got a shit poor record of using the PSP. It's like me turning on my DS to play two mediocre games and denounce the whole system as bad because of it.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
DSGamer64 said:
PSP games were generally failures on the sales side of things, the whole theory that the technology dictates the games is stupid, seeing as how even with the power the PSP had, it's games for the most part sucked ass. I stopped playing my PSP because there hasn't been a new game worth picking up in ages and I completed everything I have. Their only big hits were Little Big Planet which was horribly short and Gran Turismo which is just a meh racing game. What does the PSP offer that the DS doesn't have? Nothing really aside from slightly better graphics, the DS had all the games because it targeted a much larger audience, both the hardcore and casual gamers alike. Sony has yet to understand that the success of Nintendo has come because they were the first ones to reach new demographics of gamers.

Sales don't mean the quality of the game.

MadWorld sold poorly. So did No More Heroes, Dead Space Extraction, tons of Wii games. But they're awesome.

LBP and GT aren't even worth playing on the PSP and aren't even the highest selling titles (which are frequently Monster Hunter). If you can only pull up those two titles for examples then you've got a shit poor record of using the PSP. It's like me turning on my DS to play two mediocre games and denounce the whole system as bad because of it.
I agree. Although I do prefer my DS over my PSP, the PSP still had great games. Kingdom Hearts I loved, P3P, MGS Peace Walker, and others I'm too lazy to type out.

The PSP definitely doesn't suck.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CCNaru said:
You shouldn't have bought a portable game if you were embarrassed to be seen in the public with it in the first place...

No doubt. I play w/ my 3DS anywhere I'm bored: waiting in line for a movie, at the bar when I've been dragged to karoke night, work, while my girlfriend tells me about her day, funerals, visiting my parents. Anytime, anywhere.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait... it's childish to be seen in public with a DS/3DS, but it's somehow adult and cool to be seen in public with a psp? If somebody thinks videogames are childish, there not going to care what your holding. I love how Sony can talk out of both sides of there mouth continuously like that.

I'm around whole bunches of 20 somethings and above every day, and I see a lot of DSes out and about. People who are too ashamed to be seen in public with one really need to get over what other people think.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"no self-respecting 20-something is going to be sitting on an airplane with one of those. He’s too old for that".

You can respect yourself without caring what other people think. Not everyone is insecure.

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Joe88 said:
Masterpaul said:
This perfectly describes sony:
sony__s_new_psp_campaign_by_p_olak-d3dm1iv.png

http://p-olak.deviantart.com/art/SONY-S-NE...PAIGN-204261943

Post this everywhere: Lets make him a meme
tongue.gif
I hope he sees this
tongue.gif
1) thats the slogan for the PS3 not PSP
2) telling everybody to spread it around, it then becomes forced meme which is then trashed

Lol your right... but i also wanted to parodise sony, and not only psp
tongue.gif

What were the PSP slogans? Maybe its gonna work with the PSP slogan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No I don't want to watch you eat sandwiches on the toilet