Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
thegame07 said:
I replaced my ps3s harddrive in 5 mins
unsure.gif

It takes me 5 seconds to replace my 360 one though. Plus you can bring your hard drive around to a friend's house so you can carry your saves with you and what not.

It's actually pretty simple to replace the PS3 hard drive, it's just hidden away a little. I didn't even realise it was possible (without voiding warranty) until another member corrected my false assumption about it not being easily removable.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why he's dissing products from his own company (the Move, is it?).

If you're gonna talk shit about someone, don't make yourself look bad. :/

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I don't think he put it in the most "respectful" way but I think Tretton confirms what I've been thinking for a while, which is the NGP's demographics.
Can you clear up what you trying to say?

That Tretton is saying that the NGP isn't aiming for that "broad audience" appeal that the DS and now the 3DS are having, but more of the core audience. In this thread, I was talking about how the whole "price doesn't kill a platform" statement means the system is aiming at people willing to spend a pretty penny on gaming. Yeah, the 3DS was relatively pricey but I don't think the NGP will sadly be the same price or any cheaper. It seemed like last generation the PSP became more of a core gaming platform while the DS was a broad appeal platform (it had some core games but they weren't nearly as focused as the PSP ones were), and I have a feeling the same thing is gonna happen this generation (this generation meaning 3DS, NGP, etc).

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I don't think he put it in the most "respectful" way but I think Tretton confirms what I've been thinking for a while, which is the NGP's demographics.

That Tretton is saying that the NGP isn't aiming for that "broad audience" appeal that the DS and now the 3DS are having, but more of the core audience. In this thread, I was talking about how the whole "price doesn't kill a platform" statement means the system is aiming at people willing to spend a pretty penny on gaming. Yeah, the 3DS was relatively pricey but I don't think the NGP will sadly be the same price or any cheaper. It seemed like last generation the PSP became more of a core gaming platform while the DS was a broad appeal platform (it had some core games but they weren't nearly as focused as the PSP ones were), and I have a feeling the same thing is gonna happen this generation (this generation meaning 3DS, NGP, etc).
ah! I see what you saying, make a lot of sense, but I didn't get that from him.
laugh.gif

Core vs even Broader

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:

PSP games were generally failures on the sales side of things, the whole theory that the technology dictates the games is stupid, seeing as how even with the power the PSP had, it's games for the most part sucked ass. I stopped playing my PSP because there hasn't been a new game worth picking up in ages and I completed everything I have. Their only big hits were Little Big Planet which was horribly short and Gran Turismo which is just a meh racing game. What does the PSP offer that the DS doesn't have? Nothing really aside from slightly better graphics, the DS had all the games because it targeted a much larger audience, both the hardcore and casual gamers alike. Sony has yet to understand that the success of Nintendo has come because they were the first ones to reach new demographics of gamers.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sony makes good shit, but my god they're dicks. Insults aren't gonna get me to buy a psp 2. Sony apes the shit out of Nintendo and this guy has the balls to say Nintendo is struggling for relevancy ? ? ? Aren't Sony fanboys wary enough of shit talking after Sony ENTIRELY bowed to Nintendo w/ Move and Touch for psp 2 ? ? ? ? ?

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheAmericanNomad said:
Yeah. And when I'm not in class and not working on homework and not eating, yeah, that is what college is all about.

It certainly isn't for playing Pokemon or Magic of Yu-Gi-Oh.

And it isn't being false. I don't play my DS 100% of the time, so why should I have to play it when I'm in front of girls?

DS is for when I'm bored at home, on the shitter, on a road trip or plane, not for school. School, besides studying, is about hooking up and planning parties where you can hook up.

But I guess I'm not going to convince you that the DS isn't cool, despite it being plainly obvious. Just ask yourself, how much sex are you having? Is it enough? Maybe playing Yu-Gi-Oh and your DS at school have something to do with it.
unsure.gif

You know there's more to a good relationship than having enough sex. Like common interests, dedication, or any other form of compatibility. There's also more to school than work and parties. In fact, only the self-conscious crowd of students actually attend parties to keep up their likely fake reputation (similarly to how nerds get achievements and such in games to enlarge their digital penis).Outside of those 20% of students (10% party-goers and 10% nerds), the other 80% of students are busy making the grade, visiting friends, maybe finding their love, and, most importantly of all, enjoying life for what it is. You are clearly a go with the flow kind of person who wants to be like "the cool kids," but in actuality, the cool kids are just like everyone else and that will probably never change. The impact of school reputations will wear of shortly after you graduate, I promise. then you'll see life the way it should be seen.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:

PSP games were generally failures on the sales side of things, the whole theory that the technology dictates the games is stupid, seeing as how even with the power the PSP had, it's games for the most part sucked ass. I stopped playing my PSP because there hasn't been a new game worth picking up in ages and I completed everything I have. Their only big hits were Little Big Planet which was horribly short and Gran Turismo which is just a meh racing game. What does the PSP offer that the DS doesn't have? Nothing really aside from slightly better graphics, the DS had all the games because it targeted a much larger audience, both the hardcore and casual gamers alike. Sony has yet to understand that the success of Nintendo has come because they were the first ones to reach new demographics of gamers.
I don't have my PSP anymore, but I can surly say you're wrong. Examples: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, Final Fantasy Dissidia, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai, Grand Theft Auto Liberty/Vice City Stories, Ys 7, The Sims 2 PSP, Final Fantasy IV Collection (which I'm very jelly about), etc.
They all sold well.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So....hes saying its more socially acceptable for me to take out a brick( ngp/or psp) out of my pocket and start playing than taking out a shiny sleek dual screen handheld that makes everyone crowd around you asking for a turn to see the 3D without glasses?

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Jack Tretton @ the CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment said:
[Microsoft and Nintendo] are starting to run out of steam now in terms of continuing to be relevant in 2011 and beyond.

Nintendo is doing the thinks so bad and Microsoft won't do anything interesting.

Jack Tretton @ the CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment said:
I mean, you’ve gotta be kidding me. Why would I buy a gaming system without a hard drive in it?

Why would I buy a "videogame console"? For the multimedia content? For the HDD? I'm gonna cite someone famous:

Hiroshi Yamauchi @ the Ex CEO of Nintendo Company Limited said:
The hardware is just a box you buy only because you want to play games.

Next:

Jack Tretton @ the CEO of Sony Computer EntertainmentI How does this thing scale? Motion gaming is cute, but if I can only wave my arms six inches, how does this really feel like I’m doing true accurate motion gaming?

Who cares? The important think is the gameplay. Sony doesn't have idea about videogames. They think if they add so many technology it will sell. If Wii Music was created by Sony, they would add so, so and so technology. Again. Who cares? People want games, not technology gimmicks.

Jack Tretton @ the CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment
Our view of the ‘Game Boy experience’ is that it’s a great babysitting tool, (but) no self-respecting 20-something is going to be sitting on an airplane with one of those. He’s too old for that.

This guy doesn't know that GameBoy was a console for adults.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
today, on the bus, playin my 3ds
2 other black guys talking, these are like inner city mid 30's guys
"hey, little man here playin street fighter!"
"that's street fighter?"
they tell me they used to play arcade sf3 after (and during) school.

so yeah, people don't look down on you for playing games.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DxEggman said:
today, on the bus, playin my 3ds
2 other black guys talking, these are like inner city mid 30's guys
"hey, little man here playin street fighter!"
"that's street fighter?"
they tell me they used to play arcade sf3 after (and during) school.

so yeah, people don't look down on you for playing games.
Dude, that's a really cool story.
biggrin.gif

I brought my 3DS to school to see if I could get any StreetPasses (I got 2!) and I ended up letting my Comp. Sci teacher play Street Fighter for the majority of the class.

Best. Class. Ever.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On the topic of bringing your DS out in public: I bring my DSi XL almost everywhere. It doesn't turn people away AFAIK. In fact, around when I got it (on launch day), at school there was a bunch of people coming up to me in groups just to say "woooah that's huge".
I've also had good experiences with bringing my DS everywhere. One time, I was walking down the hallway at my school, and then the security guard stopped me (yes, my school has security guards). I thought something was wrong, but the security guard stopped me only because he saw my DS and wanted to talk about games. He even told me that he had a flashcart. We were actually talking for a while, and we even talked about emulators (I was showing him nesDS, and he thought it was really cool).
I only know one instance of it turning someone away. I was playing my DSi XL at breaktime one day, and some girl in my class came up to me to tell me that I was 'too obsessed' with my DS. She didn't even notice the other people in the class who were more obsessively playing on their iPods, regardless of if it was break or not. It's like she only wanted to put me down because my 'toy' is bigger and more obvious (compared to the teeny-tiny iPod touches). Or because she was hating on Nintendo.

On the topic of seeing other people with DSes in public: I see quite a lot of DSes and barely and PSPs where I live. In fact, back when people were lining up for H1N1 shots, I noticed groups of people playing multiplayer Mario Kart while waiting in line.
And when I went to the Philippines in 2008, I noticed the opposite. I saw PSPs everywhere, while I didn't even see a single person with a DS. It's probably not because of fear of embarassment from playing a Nintendo, but likely just a result of many people's favoritism to Sony over there. (and the fact that some people were selling DS lites for over $200USD at the time).

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
a lot of you guys are kids so it's fine to take out your DS in public. you're just a nother kid playing with his/her DS. But if a 25 year old takes out a DS (in a mall or what ever) and next to him a little 7 year old girl is playing with her pink ds, than you would feel a little foolish..kinda like playing with GI Joes in public

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
a lot of you guys are kids so it's fine to take out your DS in public. you're just a nother kid playing with his/her DS. But if a 25 year old takes out a DS (in a mall or what ever) and next to him a little 7 year old girl is playing with her pink ds, than you would feel a little foolish..kinda like playing with GI Joes in public
No, that like seeing a kid with a android, I feel foolish now? No just no.

btw what?
QUOTE(YayMii @ Apr 9 2011, 03:42 PM) the security guard told me that he had a flashcart.
I know flashcarts are borderline legal, but still unexpected.
laugh.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
So, with your logic, if I was playing with an iPhone and a 7 year old girl was playing with HER iPhone, I'd look stupid.

Great logic, Sherlock.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:

I'm 24, married, have a 1 year old daughter. There hasn't been a day where I've ever worried what someone thinks about me when I pull out my DS and now my 3ds. I think it's not other people's perception that's the issue, but your own perception.

By the by, my wife is 21 and has a 3ds as well and we both play them in public. You got to loosen up and realize not everyone in the world is judging you and just enjoy life more, however you do it.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
Expect to be attacked by this statement of yours....

I wouldn't feel foolish at all. If I'm bored, I'll sit and pull out my 3DS ( just as I do with my DSL) until something comes my way. I've never felt foolish playing my DS at the mall or in high school and I don't think I should feel foolish for doing so. But then again it might be just because I have younger and older brothers, sisters, cousins, and friends that all have DS and made me feel completely comfortable while playing instead of worrying about other's standards and expectations. I'm not one to care what others think when it comes to this stuff anyway....

tl;dr Gamers gonna game. It's either you're with it or... A lifetime of Giga Puddi ads for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1