Homebrew I've had it with NeoDS...

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's now been about 5 days and I have yet to successfully convert a MAME/NeoGeo/Etc. files to actually work on my DS. I've tried typing cmd, dragging NeoDsConvert.exe into the window, adding -bios6/-bios8 mslug to the end, tried 3 different bios file downloads, everything I can think of.

I give up. There's nothing else I can use to convert these files?

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Somewhere on these forums there is a link to a page with the bios, put those in a directory, then put the MAME version of neogeo rom you wish to convert, then add the converter, and run it and it should work... and make sure the bios are named neogeo.zip
That should make them convert properly.

OR I just misread the question and my post is irrellevant.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Veloxi said:
It's now been about 5 days and I have yet to successfully convert a MAME/NeoGeo/Etc. files to actually work on my DS. I've tried typing cmd, dragging NeoDsConvert.exe into the window, adding -bios6/-bios8 mslug to the end, tried 3 different bios file downloads, everything I can think of.

I give up. There's nothing else I can use to convert these files?

theres loads of threads on neods on the forum have a look through them to find out how
smile.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=91555
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89018
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=85433
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=85282

theres also tools in the downloads section for converting roms ...

remember here you need a proper set of NEOGEO bios files in the folder as well as a correct set of NEOGEO files for each game in their respective zip files otherwise you will get a failed conversion ... and -bios1 is the best setting to use to get most if not all neogeo roms that are capable of running on neods to work
smile.gif

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got it working... after hours and hours. I think the problem was my source for roms. All the files I was getting weren't named properly, so I assumed maybe I should try another source. Once I found something more trustworthy, I've had nothing but success. Thanks, and yep... I got the extended warranty AND my money back.

Bergunzo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
2 little questions about NeoDS:

1. Does everyone know how to enable red blood in metal slug games? There is a way?

2. Why I can't convert Hacked Roms (like Metal Slug 5 Plus) in .neo file?

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
2 little questions about NeoDS:

1. Does everyone know how to enable red blood in metal slug games? There is a way?
I believe you have to use on of the univeral bios which there is a topic about recently on these forums.
QUOTE2. Why I can't convert Hacked Roms (like Metal Slug 5 Plus) in .neo file?
I probably don't n=know anything about this. sorry.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Bergunzo said:
You've got three options. First, you can convert them using the Japanese BIOS. Secondly, you can convert them using the UniBIOS and set the region to Japan. Thirdly, you can convert them using the UniBIOS, set the region to USA/Europe, and switch the "Red Blood" softdip to ON in the BIOS menu (hold whichever buttons you have mapped to A, B and C to enter the BIOS menu). Note that if you choose to use the softdip, you'll have to set it each time you want to play with red blood.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After giving up converting when the initial release came out, I decided to try it one more time with the converter ferrariman linked to. It worked for mteal slug but it gives me wrong bios/rom error forkof94 and kof2002. Does each game need a different bios or something?

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
airpirate545 said:
After giving up converting when the initial release came out, I decided to try it one more time with the converter ferrariman linked to. It worked for mteal slug but it gives me wrong bios/rom error forkof94 and kof2002. Does each game need a different bios or something?
Yes, try all of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: