Gaming It's official, Wii pre-orders from GameStop

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seems like i posted earlier on the wrong topic.....anyway
Yeah I' ve been to Nintendo store @ Rockfeller plaza but they told me tehey just stopped taking pre-orders,and minutes later I was at an Ebgames around the corner and they told me they stopped this morning.
I am sooo mad!!!
Now I will have to line up in the cold and wait for the store to open.
By the way , I've never done this, so I' m curious, at what time do you think I should get there ?
Is it 3AM a goot time or is it too early ?
I am planning to wait in line at the Nintendo Store at the Rockfeller Center in New York.
Any of you guys live around here ?

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, this is the biggest thing ever.
Try to drive around there on the late night, if you see a bunch of people playing their DS Lite...you´re late.
tongue.gif

edgeblade69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Is it 3AM a goot time or is it too early ?"

What time do they open? Find out if they are doing midnight (12am) sale. If so, plan to get there 3-5 hours before at least. Either way, get there 3-5 hours before the store starts selling consoles. My friend and I went to Walmart for the GCN launch, neither of us preordered (I couldn't afford one at the time) and we got there around 10:30 or 11pm the night before and there were already 5-10 people in line. They had plenty of GCNs though. Wii seems like it will be much more widely distributed (i.e. in more stores) and seems to have a lot more demand, so that is why I suggest no later than 3 hours before. Never hurts to be early. Just make sure you bring a DS or something so you won't be bored out of your mind.

notchristopher

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got mine showed up 5 min before opening and was like 3rd in line. They had 32 at this store. Went to EB after and got another for ebay =D.

Edit: They are already going for $400 on ebay and pre-orders just started today =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out