It's official, Wii pre-orders from GameStop

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by hey_suburbia, Oct 12, 2006.

1. hey_suburbia
    OP

hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

Apr 24, 2004
    United States
    Philadelphia, PA
  2. Arm73

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    Seems like i posted earlier on the wrong topic.....anyway
    Yeah I' ve been to Nintendo store @ Rockfeller plaza but they told me tehey just stopped taking pre-orders,and minutes later I was at an Ebgames around the corner and they told me they stopped this morning.
    I am sooo mad!!!
    Now I will have to line up in the cold and wait for the store to open.
    By the way , I've never done this, so I' m curious, at what time do you think I should get there ?
    Is it 3AM a goot time or is it too early ?
    I am planning to wait in line at the Nintendo Store at the Rockfeller Center in New York.
    Any of you guys live around here ?

3. lagman

lagman I wish I was green.

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2003
    Mexico
    Me, To You
    Well, this is the biggest thing ever.
    Try to drive around there on the late night, if you see a bunch of people playing their DS Lite...you´re late. [​IMG]

4. lagman

lagman I wish I was green.

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2003
    Mexico
    Me, To You
    Oh, I´m sorry. D.P.

5. edgeblade69

edgeblade69 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2002
    United States
    "Is it 3AM a goot time or is it too early ?"

What time do they open? Find out if they are doing midnight (12am) sale. If so, plan to get there 3-5 hours before at least. Either way, get there 3-5 hours before the store starts selling consoles. My friend and I went to Walmart for the GCN launch, neither of us preordered (I couldn't afford one at the time) and we got there around 10:30 or 11pm the night before and there were already 5-10 people in line. They had plenty of GCNs though. Wii seems like it will be much more widely distributed (i.e. in more stores) and seems to have a lot more demand, so that is why I suggest no later than 3 hours before. Never hurts to be early. Just make sure you bring a DS or something so you won't be bored out of your mind.

6. poisonousj

poisonousj GBAtemp Fan

Sep 28, 2005
    United States
    I showed up 2 hours before opening. I got my Wii preorder!

7. notchristopher

notchristopher GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2006
    United States
    I got mine showed up 5 min before opening and was like 3rd in line. They had 32 at this store. Went to EB after and got another for ebay =D.

Edit: They are already going for $400 on ebay and pre-orders just started today =D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice