ROM Hack It's a Wonderful World

trelantana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish that this translation project had continued, because from the looks of the latest gameplay footage, I am most definitely going to be avoiding the English version.

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trelantana said:
I wish that this translation project had continued, because from the looks of the latest gameplay footage, I am most definitely going to be avoiding the English version.
You got me worried now, what's wrong with the upcoming English Localization o__o

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fieryshadowz said:
trelantana said:
You got me worried now, what's wrong with the upcoming English Localization o__o

Some people are just snobs lol

Like the "subs over dubs" kiddies
tongue.gif

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh is that what he was referring to? It got me worried as if they were translating through Engrish or something.

I only care about DUBs when it comes to Anime and Dramas. . . I guess I sometimes care about voice acting in games but not a lot since I mostly play games w/o music because I play games usually when I'm on the road or something and I can't hear it anyways.

trelantana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fieryshadowz said:
Oh is that what he was referring to? It got me worried as if they were translating through Engrish or something.

I only care about DUBs when it comes to Anime and Dramas. . . I guess I sometimes care about voice acting in games but not a lot since I mostly play games w/o music because I play games usually when I'm on the road or something and I can't hear it anyways.

This is not a matter of "subs over dubs" actually.

It's not engrish, but they say bling every 10 seconds, not to mention "dumbass", "I've got this!" and other things. It's really, really, really annoying, and made me not want to go out and get the english version when it gets localized/

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the footage, and yeah it kinda looks ("sounds") bad right now with him saying "dumbass" and "I've got this!" repetively. Hopefully if worse comes to worse, we could just redub it using the japanese voices perhaps?

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saylient_Dreams said:
I saw the footage, and yeah it kinda looks ("sounds") bad right now with him saying "dumbass" and "I've got this!" repetively. Hopefully if worse comes to worse, we could just redub it using the japanese voices perhaps?
Ouch that sounds like Naruto to me.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we'll just swap the audio through a patch back to Japanese, but still have the English text. An undub like was done for Lunar Knights. Sounds like a plan to me.

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt they've changed the file format for the game's script so if the text is as bad as the voice acting you could use my tool to modify it pretty easily.

joehn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello all,

today the europe version has come out. I'm sorry if this a noobish question, but how do you insert the jap version of voice acting and put that in the europe version? Anybody care to give an enlightment to me x)

thank you

BaTa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dominator said:
-unpack the Jap rom (with dslazy)
-copy the sound folder
-unpack the Eu rom
-paste the Jap sound folder in The eu rom
-repack Eu rom

That all
Actually the sound folder thing only changes the soundeffects ingame.
In order to have japanese voices in the "movies" you need to replace the adx files in "NDS_UNPACK\data" aswell.

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wow, that was awesome
biggrin.gif

Is there other games I can and should make modifications to?
Plz post games I can improve by doing stuff like this!

Damn, the game froze after the frog attack, have they found a way to fix this yet?

Ido

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tell me if I'm wrong, your project is to translate the game well, atleast the text, right? Is it done? Because I'd really but really appreciate it to hear the Japanese voice and also to be able to use my old save for the rest of the game's extras
happy.gif
So if I'm right can someone tell me if it's done yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol