Gaming It's a bit of a gaming emergency that we preserve the 138 PSP, PS Vita, and PS3 games disappearing.

JakobAir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how to do this other that downloading them via the stores on modded consoles and somehow transferring them to PC's to preserve them. I have no idea how to program or even go about this but I'm an archivist working proactively. I've started a subreddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/PreserveThe138/ if anyone is interested. There's a lot of stuff going to blink into nothing soon and I'm hoping there's something we can do about this. I'll be reaching out to other SocMed avenues soon.

Reactions: Xzi

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know we're not allowed to discuss how to go about getting these games so we can preserve them, but I'm assuming a certain homebrew package downloader will stop working once psn for these systems go down? Or is any of that on a private server?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All three systems have been hacked to bits. Haven't most, if not all, of these titles been backed up already as it is? For all the crap piracy gets, it certainly is nice in how it ensures digital content doesn't have to disappear from distribution even after the official shops close. Like the Wii, most (if not all) of it's Wiiware was backed up long before there was even word that the Wii Shop was shutting down.

Reactions: Xzi

sloppycrap

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
There's nothing to program with this. NPS has a list of every game/DLC/theme/avatar/patch ever contributed to their DB (this is *not* the same as every game on PSN, so if you've ever bought a game from PSN you should go figure out how to contribute) and the TSVs listed on their site give you all the info you need to download them yourself.

Somebody once told me Sony was gonna roll me the magic incantation was: awk -F "\t" {'print $4'} PSV_GAMES.tsv | wget -xci -

But I've never tried it, so I don't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-