Homebrew Itouchds GBA homebrew?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need an ez flash v 3 in 1 to load gba ROMs or homebrew from standard slot 1 cards. Alternatively you can use any GBA flash card/slot 2 flashcard with using in conjunction with slot 1.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need an ez flash v 3 in 1 to load gba ROMs or homebrew from standard slot 1 cards. Alternatively you can use any GBA flash card/slot 2 flashcard with using in conjunction with slot 1.
I believe the iTouch has the same processor on-board as the SCDS:Two, therefore it should be possible to emulate it somehow.

Reactions: 1 person

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the iTouch has the same processor on-board as the SCDS:Two, therefore it should be possible to emulate it somehow.
Why the hell that is possible... Only DSTWO and iSmartMultiMedia can have gba emulator.
iTouch is just a M3iZero clone...

MidgetCookie, you definitely need slot2 cart/memory. I recommend M3Ext for iTouch, but I don't know if it is still sold...

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why the hell that is possible... Only DSTWO and iSmartMultiMedia can have gba emulator.
iTouch is just a M3iZero clone...

MidgetCookie, you definitely need slot2 cart/memory. I recommend M3Ext for iTouch, but I don't know if it is still sold...
I'd honestly just go with an EZFlash 3in1. I had used my iTouchDS with one and I never had a problem, just need to use GBAExploader.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like being attacked personally for something so petty.

If indeed I am wrong, and the iTouch doesn't have the same hardware as the SCDS:Two, then please correct me in a civil manner. Preferably without flaming.

EDIT: Yes I mad. I try to help to the best of my ability and get condemned for it.

EDIT 2: Does anyone here even know what an iTouch is in the first place? 'cause I'm pretty sure it has the same MIPS processor that the SCDS:Two has, even if it came out before that cart and wasn't as widely publicized. Again, I could be wrong, but I feel like I'm talking to people who don't even know what a "PassMe"/"WifiMe"/"FlashMe" is.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People DanTheManMS has probably helped out more flash cart users than the rest of us combined- some slack please.

Back on topic much like most other areas of tech the pretenders choose similar names to cause confusion among the less informed (although frankly I would not step outside the big 6 or so companies (supercard, EZFlash, m3/g6 (maybe not today), ismart (they are not a simple clone company), cyclo (again maybe not today) and acekard).

So the clarify

The itouch as best I can tell is an earlier M3i/oem M3i (mainstream/proper flash cart companies have as many interesting spinoffs and sideprojects as any of the clone companies- pretty much all of them sold a version with R4 in the name and most will sell they prototype type devices under another name for a couple of months, get a good version sorted and then sell that) with all that it entails (no GBA emulation on DS).

The ismart premium is a cart based off the EZ5 at some level (no GBA emulation on DS) although the software diverged (they also have a nice program called fishshell which is pretty much Chinese moonshell that gained some ability to control/run things).

The ismart MM is a cart based off the iplayer (which was made the supercard team) but the ismartDS team put the in the time to port the DSTwo kernel and now gets backports/crossports of the DSTwo fixes and kernel but not the DSTwo homebrew primarily as it is a slightly different processor/architecture (although it has a/the decent media player and a GBA emulator along with a custom version of dingux that the DSTwo does not have that punches well above its weight- as in a handful of amiga and PS1 games above its weight).

IsmartDS (who make the ismart premium and ismart MM) are an oem/licensing company (although they have some people that know what they are doing) rather than a clone company as well.

Reactions: 1 person

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By iTouch, I thought you guys meant this.
H2nYB.jpg

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 2 people

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By iTouch, I thought you guys meant this.
H2nYB.jpg

No, because that is not an iTouch. That is an iPod Touch. Two completely different things.
People call it an iTouch too.

And they're wrong.
So are the people who call black people African-American, but I don't hear any complaints.
Just because people don't complain doesn't mean it's right then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there