ROM Hack It is possible Naruto Shippuuden - Naruto vs Sasuke? USA version lacks voices

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've already undubbed Naruto Ninja Council 3 and 4, however Naruto vs Sasuke seems trickier as the Japanese version has different structure.

When I open this game in Tinke, called "2447 - Naruto Shippuuden - Saikyou Ninja Daikesshuu - Gekitotsu!! Naruto VS Sasuke", it has a very strange layout. It contains standard sound_data.sdat, however it also features a lot of .ahx and .adx files, and all the .adx files contain the game BGM, so you can't just swap the sound sdat as usual, a it is much more smaller and the new .nds only contains sound effects but no music because its (the Japanese ROM's) sound sdat only contains voices and sound effects.

In addition to that, the Japanese ROM is missing all the standard files in the FTC folder, like arm7 and 9.bin, it only has ahx, adx, sound_data.sdat and filedata.bin in its structure when you open it. Would it be possible to somehow undub the game and insert all the .ahx and adx. files into the USA version, or just combine them into the sound sdat and then replace it?

Or do the reverse, and somehow patch the English translation into the Japanese ROM? This method seems to be easier, as the various .ahx and adx. files point to each other no doubt, so I don't think an undub is really feasible unless it's possible to merge all those files into one sound sdat, esp. as the ahx files seem to be game files containing character info and other things, judging from their names (like Tsunade).

I think it'd be worth it to try undubbing this game either way, since the USA version completely lacks voices, and it's kind of strange hitting enemies and hearing no sound (voice effects) at all. I'm not proficient at this though, I only know how to replace files, so I don't know how to do it. Could someone help me please if it's possible? Thanks!

Edit: I just realized, would it be possible to merge the Japanese rom's soundata.sdat with the USA version's? That way I could simply replace the sdat with the new sdat.

Last edited by Fel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time