It id possible to put a cfw on any 3ds below 11.3?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Maxwellkiwi, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Maxwellkiwi
    OP

Maxwellkiwi Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2016
    France
    Hello Evert one
    The question is basically on the thread's title, lately i saw that putting a cfw was possible without any specific requirements while the firmware of the console is below 11.3 ,am i right?
    Do you think it ils the best moment to acquire a new 3ds and put a cfw on it or it is better to wait for another exploit and may be a price drop on the console ?
    Thann you for your answers

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    The prices aren't going to go down right away. If you wait a long time then maybe there will start being a lot of consoles with 11.3. So may as well do it now.

http://3ds.guide/

Lacius likes this.
  3. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Yes, below 11.3 is possible to put CFW on it after installing A9LH, NOT on 11.3 itself.
    It's very unlikely the prices will go down, it's also very likely New 3DSs will have 11.3 very soon. :/
    Look for New 3DS bundles, you have a chance getting one below 11.3.
    Not sure if Nintendo is going that far forcing every store that sell a 3DS an update, which means bundles can be updated if stores agree.

You might look on eBay or a 2nd hand shop, but not sure if those are trustable.

Last edited by thekarter104, Feb 10, 2017
  4. Bryon15

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    Try the upcoming new 3ds xl pikachu edition. Comes out on February 24th. Hopefully it won't come with 11.3

5. Maxwellkiwi
    OP

Maxwellkiwi Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2016
    France
    Ok, i think it would be better to buy a second hand no? As long as the firmware is any thing below than 11.3 it is ok?
    Is the cfw long to follow? I remember that it was quite long ans complicated a few months ago

6. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    DS' that have already been manufactured are guaranteed to come on a firmware lower than 11.3. The only ones, that WILL come with it, haven't even been built yet (or are being built). Ninty doesn't just tell the warehouse to update all 3DS' while waiting to be sent to a distributor Lol. You really don't have to worru about getting one brand new on 11.3 for a few months at least.

7. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    Yes, you can install it on almost any firmware EXCEPT 11.3. So you should buy one if you want to hack it at least.