Issues with USBloader GX, can't find hooktype

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Tip, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Tip
    OP

Tip Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2016
    Netherlands
    I am having issues with USBloader GX. When I go to settings > game load, I can't find hooktype anywhere. I need to be able to change this to play Project Melee using my Brawl iso. I thought updating USBloader GX could resolve the issue, but when I try to update, I get a black crash screen and I'm sent to the Wii home screen. I don't know where I can find my USBloader's version, but I followed this tutorial:

If anyone could help me resolve this issue of bring me into the right direction, I would appreciate it :)

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by Tip, Aug 8, 2016
  2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Select the game, and you will have two choices : Settings or start.
    go to Settings > game option > hooktype
    By default, hooktype is set to VBI if you don't enable it but enable Ocarina.

Don't forget to enable Ocarina option too if you have to use cheats, or no cheat will be loaded.

now go to the Settings > Ocarina menu
    this is where you select the cheats you want to enable, and generate the gct file that will be loaded by Ocarina engine.

You said launching the game send you back to the system menu.
    are other game working?
    maybe you installed USBLoaderGX but you didn't install the required system files?
    you need to install d2x IOS. if you don't know how to do it, ask here. don't follow random youtube video. (I didn't even check the one you linked, I know it will be bad)

3. Tip
    OP

Tip Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2016
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the reply. I know I needed to change hooktype, but my issue was that it couldn't be found anywhere in the settings. I think it was the USBloader version, it didn't have the option. And loading a game didn't send me to the wii homescreen, trying to update USBloader was. But I fixed it, I manually updated USBloader GX and now I do have hooktype :)