issues with my overclocked genesis

sprong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought an overclocked genesis and for the most part it works completely fine with all of the games that are typically known to be compatible with the mod.... until they just crash. its weird, mortal kombat 3 and street fighter work great and run smooth and i never have any problems with those. But in other cases like when i play sonic 2 which is usually known for greatly benefiting from the mod, the game will crash sometime when i get to about the second or third level. but it will run flawlessly up until that point, same goes with many other games that i have tried. is this normal? has anybody else had this problem and been able to fix it?

sprong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like an overheating issue. Do you have any switches built in to set the clock back to stock speeds?
Yes i do, and everything works how it should when it is in stock mode so im positive that this issue is related specifically to the overclock mod. it just puzzles me why all of my fighting games seem to work like a charm even after extended play, but any platformer such as sonic or shinobi will freeze after a few minutes of running beautifully. if it is an overheating issue would it be a simple fix?

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the severity of the overheating; maybe pointing a fan at it will help, or maybe you need an internal fan, heat sink, and thermal paste.

Do Genesis shells have vents in them?

Last edited by kehkou,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night