Hacking Issues with FBI/AGB_firm on sysnand

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i am having issues, when i try to play gba cia's i get the black screen. i realized i have agb firm on the emunand installed but not the system nand. when i try to install fbi or the gba cia to system nand, it does not show up.

Now what gets me is, when i try to follow the guide to install on system nand, i have to hold B to turn off rx tools auto boot. I get into sysnand, go in the HBL, start pasta, hold B again and go back into hbl, fbi and install, nothing happens. not sure how to fix this

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i am having issues, when i try to play gba cia's i get the black screen. i realized i have agb firm on the emunand installed but not the system nand. when i try to install fbi or the gba cia to system nand, it does not show up.

Now what gets me is, when i try to follow the guide to install on system nand, i have to hold B to turn off rx tools auto boot. I get into sysnand, go in the HBL, start pasta, hold B again and go back into hbl, fbi and install, nothing happens. not sure how to fix this
Official Firmware likes to hide unsigned .cias when you're in SysNAND: You have to run pasta and get back into sysnand homemenu in order to see the unsigned .cias

And yes, AGB_FIRM must be installed to SysNAND NAND for it to work in either of the NANDs. The game must be installed to SysNAND SD, too

Reactions: NoNAND

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i tried to install without running pasta first and it gave me an error with the tag "invalid signature" when i tried to install. When i opened pasta from HBL and held b to stop the cfw auto boot, i went into ofw but non of the cia's i installed were there.

and im thinking 16gb is not enough. time to get a 32gb.

edit - So i see FBI and the gba game on sysnand with pasta on, gba game works on that, but not emunand. when i try to install the agb_firm to SD (not nand) it gives me an invalid combination error. when i try to install it to nand while in rxtools, it installs fine.

Last edited by kyomagi,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i tried to install without running pasta first and it gave me an error with the tag "invalid signature" when i tried to install. When i opened pasta from HBL and held b to stop the cfw auto boot, i went into ofw but non of the cia's i installed were there.

and im thinking 16gb is not enough. time to get a 32gb.

edit - So i see FBI and the gba game on sysnand with pasta on, gba game works on that, but not emunand. when i try to install the agb_firm to SD (not nand) it gives me an invalid combination error. when i try to install it to nand while in rxtools, it installs fine.
Yes, even though you already set it up for sysnand, you must also set it up for emunand if you want to run GBA on EmuNAND.

You should install AGB_FIRM to EmuNAND NAND and you should install your games to EmuNAND SD as well.

kyomagi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so while in RX tools i need to install the agb_firm while in rx tools to Nand and the game while in rxtools to SD?

ok, did that, still black screen

Last edited by kyomagi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly