Misc Issues with DS-X and FFIII Friend Codes

mtbi2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone was having this issue...

Everytime I reload my FFIII save after powering off/on my DS (thus writing the save off of EEPROM), mognet makes me initialize my mognet account again, thus giving me a new Friend code. If this keeps up, I will be unable to unlock certain secrets later in the game.

If anyone else has had this problem and knows what I might be doing wrong, let me know. I appreciate the help.

CronoTrig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if anyone was having this issue...

Everytime I reload my FFIII save after powering off/on my DS (thus writing the save off of EEPROM), mognet makes me initialize my mognet account again, thus giving me a new Friend code. If this keeps up, I will be unable to unlock certain secrets later in the game.

If anyone else has had this problem and knows what I might be doing wrong, let me know. I appreciate the help.

You're doing it wrong.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're doing it wrong.
Post of the century.

If it keeps up, try maybe setting it to autoboot the game. I honestly haven't tried any mognet related stuffs on my DS-X yet but I'll check it this moment.

EDIT: I checked my save quickly and no problems what-so-ever. Friend code is still there from when I started the game on my M3. FW is latest of course incase if Costello is right with his thoughts.

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
If ya get it back working here is a cheap way.
Ya know that you gotta wait 1 hour? Not anymore! 8D
Simple send a mail,save, go to DS setting and set the clock 1 hour forward! Boot up the game and voila! You can send a new mail =P

mtbi2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer everyone at once...

I have OS 1.0.2 already.

I did try autoboot and that seemed to work. So then I decided to do a little test. I booted back into DS-X (holding A to get to the menu). I picked another game to play, let it load, reset the DS, booted back into DS-X, and loaded FFIII. Now mognet is once again asking me to initialize, giving me yet another friend code.

So it seems that so long as I don't play another game, my 'current' friend code will be remembered. But what's the point in that? I'm not using the DS-X to play one and only one game. Blah.

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
Wierd.
Yar using latest firmware so it shouldn´t be any problems. =/
It´s either the rom or it´s not saving it correctly. Mine says 5kb.
Try remove all game´s and save files except for FF3 then try.
unsure.gif

Could be that one of the other saves are inteffering with your FFIII

mtbi2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wierd.
Yar using latest firmware so it shouldn´t be any problems. =/
It´s either the rom or it´s not saving it correctly. Mine says 5kb.
Try remove all game´s and save files except for FF3 then try.
unsure.gif

Could be that one of the other saves are inteffering with your FFIII

I think I might have solved the issue. I went ahead and formatted then reflashed my DS-X. I've been cycling through games for a little while now and all seems well. Here's my FC if you don't mind being my guinea pig
smile.gif
:

Thanks again for all the help. Hopefully things will go smoothly from here on out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • B
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    B @ btjunior: erm, what the sigma?