Issue with NDS Saves

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Noospheric, Aug 21, 2009.

Aug 21, 2009

Issue with NDS Saves by Noospheric at 10:21 PM (487 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Noospheric
    OP

Newcomer Noospheric Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi. I have an Acekard 2i that originally had the Acekard 2 firmware on. I then found out about AKAIO 1.4.1 and changed to that firmware. There didnt seem to be a problem with changing over - everything still worked.

Today I did the same with my girlfriends DSL. Firstly, I renamed some of her roms (just to list them alphabetically) and I also renamed her saves. The names for the rom and the save match. Then I changed her firmware from Acekard 2 to AKAIO 1.4.1. However, her games that had save files with them didn't load when I first tried (it just sticks on the loading screen) so I reloaded the original Acekard 2 firmware and her games work again.

How can I have it so that she has AKAIO 1.4.1 but she can continue using her saved files?

2. Anhmeister

Newcomer Anhmeister Member

United States
    Check the save game extensions (.nds.sav or .sav), and set the AK2i accordingly.

3. Noospheric
    OP

Newcomer Noospheric Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

All the saves are .nds.sav and this is set in the AKAIO settings.

My girlfriend has just been playing a game of mario party on the old firmware and after your response I reload AKAIO, checked the settings and that game loaded (it didnt the first time around) but still none of the other games did.

Any more suggestions?

4. Anhmeister

Newcomer Anhmeister Member

United States
    If it worked after she re-saved in the official firmware try that for the other games as well.