Homebrew Issue with homebrew old 3ds 11.13.0-45

GigalithBlaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi. Been trying to homebrew my old 3ds xl with seedminer and bannerbomb3 but it wont work. It gets stuck when i put the 8 digit bin file and just crashes when entering the dsi setting on the 3ds. Any help?

Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted User

Yes, that was the guide i've been using

Okay you may want to try downgrading your 3ds to 11.11 because this guide is for firmware version 11.11 but first see if anyone else replies to this thread for I am not as experienced as other people on this forum

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay you may want to try downgrading your 3ds to 11.11 because this guide is for firmware version 11.11 but first see if anyone else replies to this thread for I am not as experienced as other people on this forum
Downgrading the console is not possible unless you have full cfw on your system. and at that point. is useless as downgrading serves no real purpose.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi. Been trying to homebrew my old 3ds xl with seedminer and bannerbomb3 but it wont work. It gets stuck when i put the 8 digit bin file and just crashes when entering the dsi setting on the 3ds. Any help?

Hello.:)

Did you have suceeded the Test BEFORE ? Is your WiFi ENABLED ?

DS Internet Settings Test (used for Fredtool)
  1. Go to System Settings, then “Internet Settings”, then “Nintendo DS Connections”
  2. Press “OK”
  3. If your device loads into a “Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup” menu, the test was successful
    • If the screen stays black or appears to freeze, the test has failed and you will not be able to use the bannerbomb3 method which requires a functioning DS Internet Settings
  4. Exit this menu

Thank you.:)

GigalithBlaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello.:)

Did you have suceeded the Test BEFORE ? Is your WiFi ENABLED ?

DS Internet Settings Test (used for Fredtool)
  1. Go to System Settings, then “Internet Settings”, then “Nintendo DS Connections”
  2. Press “OK”
  3. If your device loads into a “Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup” menu, the test was successful
    • If the screen stays black or appears to freeze, the test has failed and you will not be able to use the bannerbomb3 method which requires a functioning DS Internet Settings
  4. Exit this menu

Thank you.:)

I did the test Before it began and it was fine so I don't really know what's going on tbh :/

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Nevermind, this was a different issue altogether...

Hey there. I just encountered this very same issue with my cousin's console as I was updating it for the holidays.

I fixed it by visiting and downloading the boot.3dsx from smealum's homebrew page, replacing the one on the SD root (or putting it there if it doesn't exist). (CTRL+F for "The Homebrew Launcher menu executable")

https://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Last edited by CrispyYoshi, , Reason: Wrong topic, whoops

Arthorios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey I know how to solve, i got the same thing, mine solved when I moved an extra files (<8-character-id>.bin) in this dsiware folder, move them to your PC and then try again. For me after removing this file I did all the previous steps again. hope it helps anyone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!