Hacking Issue with Black Screen with Dios Mios and USB Loader GX

molster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello - so USB Loader GX works great for me, other than GC games.

I currently have

Dios Mios (latest version found on the download page)
USB Loader GX running the r1215 (one that works with the none lite DIOS MIOS)
And my usb harddrive has 32kb allocation (FAT 32)

and the game (
Tales of Symphonia
) says it works according to the compatibility list http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Compatibility_List

any ideas what the issue could be?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if USBLoaderGX doesn't prompt you that your setting is incorrect, then it's something physical.
- your USB cable is bad/too long, try another one
- your PCI2USB adapter (inside your drive's shell) is not working with DM (Seagate drives often register the drive incorrectly, different PID/VID). a user swapped his adapter with one from another drive and DM worked.
- Your drive is incompatible with tinyehci (DM's usb driver). Might be related to the PCI2USB adapter too.

Try to reboot the console and relaunch DM few times. sometime the problem is random.

molster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast reply.

I was crossing my fingers if was something with settings - I'll have to go out and get a cheap drive to test with in the morning to see if that solves the problem.

Thanks again

molster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually going to reply here in case anyone find this via google search

Turns out my drive is a Seagate, go figure. Was able to test it with another drive and there was no issue.

Cyan thanks for your help (your replies to various threads has made finding all needed info via google very easy, so thanks)

Shame ill have to buy a new drive when this nice 1tb one has my wii library :( Was hoping to port my few GC games onto it as well. ohwell

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...