Hacking Issue I've been having with exiting HBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes when I leave HBC, instead of bringing me back to the menu, it takes me to a black screen with "3.2(USA)" written in white in the lower-right hand corner. And if I have a game in my Wii, it usually just resets the game. For example, I use Gecko OS to run various Brawl hacks (No tripping, Music swap, Replay) and when I hit the Home button and go back to the Wii menu, this happens every once in awhile. Right now I was just testing out a game on SNES9x, and when I went to leave the HBC, it happened. And since I didn't have any game disc in my Wii, my Wii just sort of froze.

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluebird12 said:
Do u have GC controllers connected? Take them out before you exit.

--posts merged--

Ah yes. Thanks!

--posts merged--

Actually, no. That's not working.
unsure.gif

--posts merged--

Bump. I did some research and supposedly this screen pops up when a Wii is bricked. But everything seems to be working fine on my Wii.

--posts merged--

o hai.

There are no GCN controllers/memory cards in my Wii and it's still doing it.

Anyone, anyone at all?

wanders

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have preloader installed? I occasionally had this issue when I installed preloader onto a system menu with starfall hacks still applied to it (obviously the Rescue Menu/Remove Diag Disk Check ones) and plugging/unplugging controllers or whatever didn't help me either. Solved by reinstalling the appropriate sysmenu wad and just doing one or the other (starfall/preloader). There's really no reason for both.

If you don't... *shrug* .

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it is not when your Wii is bricked, that is the screen for the rescue menu, that is really weird and if doing what wanders says don't fix it, then nothing will
ohmy.gif

puggster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sounds like its preloader is set to load on exit

goto preloader menu by holding reset and goto settings and change the turnoff setting to off

put autoboot to system menu and the one below to off and that should stop it

make sure that in the settings that the setting i think second last one for displaying all your updates and stuff is off as it might be showing you whats installed when exiting

dunno but sounds like preloader settings to me
smile.gif

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, Preloader? Isn't that a program similar to Starfall? Because my Wii has Starfall.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
unsure.gif

Looke like you applied some hacks that turns out the Rescue-mode.
Either with Starfall :
"Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller".

Otherwise with AnyRegionChanger :
* Enabled Starfall RescueMode:
Put your NGC pad into port 1, holding 'Y' button when your Wii
* Always AUTOBOOT Wii discs in Recovery Mode booting, then you can get in Recovery Mode easily.

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don Killah said:
unsure.gif

Looke like you applied some hacks that turns out the Rescue-mode.
Either with Starfall :
"Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller".

Well, yes. I did install that.

h3xagram

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I should give out the solution to you. Since, you don't like an elitist poster, and won't listen to them. An example is afif95

(Remember your last conversation? You keep on contradicting him, you want to learn, but won't listen. Go back to your old thread, and see what others' responses are)

NOTE: This is not my writing, I'm just doing a favor for another user that is having difficulty posting in this thread. So, don't direct any flames towards me because I don't know what's going on here... :s

D

Deleted User

On the behalf of h3x, I was the one who wrote that.

I wrote that in third-person so people who wanted to help my forum posting trouble could just copy-pasta.

I have the solution, unfortunately, I won't give it to you. Heck, why would I? You won't even listen to me.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:

I wrote that in third-person so people who wanted to help my forum posting trouble could just copy-pasta.

I have the solution, unfortunately, I won't give it to you. Heck, why would I? You won't even listen to me.
Be nice...

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:

Yeah, thats kinda mean. I mean that thread was hilarious as to his ignorance, but if you don't want to deal with him again then you shouldn't post anything at all. Especially when all you are going to say is that you have the answer and won't give it to him.

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
h3xagram said:
I don't know if I should give out the solution to you. Since, you don't like an elitist poster, and won't listen to them. An example is afif95

(Remember your last conversation? You keep on contradicting him, you want to learn, but won't listen. Go back to your old thread, and see what others' responses are)

NOTE: This is not my writing, I'm just doing a favor for another user that is having difficulty posting in this thread. So, don't direct any flames towards me because I don't know what's going on here... :s

XD, no. I just don't listen to people who tell me to read more.

D

Deleted User

There's already an answer.

There's already a thread about this.

If you are a reader, you would find it.

EDIT: Plus, he should really stay at the NOOB Question sticky, seeing as how this question is easily answered.

MaxDeUh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, people like you are easy to troll. Trolling is fun. I'm going to have fun pissing you off.

D

Deleted User

Seriously, stick with the NOOB PARADISE STICKY. I don't flame you if you ask there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now