Beetlebum89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I would really appreciate anyones help with setting up my vWii. I’ve been running into a few problems I’ve tried to resolve myself for a while now, with no joy..

After following: Definitive vWii Hacking Guide

Step for step,

installing usb loader and using d2x-v10-beta52-vWii

I’ve loaded gc and wii games onto a FAT32, Ustealth drive and plugged this in via a y-cable (data:usb0 power:usb1) but the only way I seem to be able to get the drive to initialize is when my WiiU formatted drive isn’t plugged in.

The WiiU drive is also using a y-cable, plugged into the two front facing USBs

When i turn on the system, I will be alerted of the fact there are two drives present and one needs to be removed (after powering off) making me think the issue was with Ustealth?

though if I remove the WiiU drive, the vWii drive seems to be hidden as you’d expect, and I can run games through USB loader no problem.

Ive tried several ways to get around this issue - plugged the drives into every input combination, as well as plugging both power ends of the y-cable into a separate power supply, but still i will never be able to initialize the drive within usb loader if the WiiU drive is connected.

I’ve also tried using d2x beta53 alt, which is exactly the same.. I don’t really know what else to try..

Any ideas?

*Usb Loader v3 R1272

Loader IOS IOS58

Game IOS 249

(i’ve also tried changing these to 56,57 - 250,251 respectively)

**edit: So putting the drives in the order of WiiU (data:usb1 power:usb0) and the vWii in the front ports, i can get to usb loader, the drive will initialize, but trying to run a game will return me to the home screen. Very strange

***edit: ok! So i seem to have this up and running. It doesnt resemble any setup from any guide, but i have the drives set up as above and set the game IOS to 251 - I have no idea why this particular setup is working, but i’m not going to complain.

Last edited by Beetlebum89,

csmcapthy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With your HDD issue. I don't know how to fix that but instead of fiddling round with IOSes and vWii different HDD stipulations, why don't you use Wii injects on the Wii U menu? It saves so much effort. I only fiddle with IOSes on my actual Wii.

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Wii U does not like having two USB data devices plugged in at the same time. I got around this by using a 128gb SD card to store my Gamecube and Wii games instead. But if you have a lot of games it could be a problem I only had a few.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?