Israel to pay students to defend it online.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 3,599
  • Replies 34

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're an anti-Semite if you say something negative about Judaism.
You're an racist/infidel if you say something negative about Islam.
You're an anti-Christ if you say something negative about Christianity.
And I don't even know what you are if you're negative about Buddism.

Doesn't matter what you say, you will end up hurting one religious group with it.
If not, some weird cult within it's religion will be offended by it.

It's just the leaders of Israel and Palestine that can't get along with each other and the media isn't reporting about that the citizens think/want.
Who wants to see boring civilians trying to go to their families across the border or visit their Israeli/Pali friends as Pali/Israeli when you got hardcore action and war going on?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
You're an anti-Semite if you say something negative about Judaism.
You're an racist/infidel if you say something negative about Islam.
You're an anti-Christ if you say something negative about Christianity.
And I don't even know what you are if you're negative about Buddism.

Doesn't matter what you say, you will end up hurting one religious group with it.
If not, some weird cult within it's religion will be offended by it.

It's just the leaders of Israel and Palestine that can't get along with each other and the media isn't reporting about that the citizens think/want.
Who wants to see boring civilians trying to go to their families across the border or visit their Israeli/Pali friends as Pali/Israeli when you got hardcore action and war going on?
I'm not sure why you keep bringing up Buddhism as an example. Buddhism, unlike Islam, Christianity, and Judaism, is not a monotheistic religion focused on devotion to one's deity. Essentially, Buddhism is an eastern religion that has a strong focus on inner peace and living by a set of principals, rather than there being a focus on devotion. It is entirely unlike western religions in that there isn't really a way to be a Buddhist extremist in the context of the religion. You can't wage a holy war for Buddha, nor can you claim to be living your life for any one or group of deities in such a fashion that leads you to extremist action. It just isn't how Buddhism works.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't start a religion discussion; please. Somebody'll say something mean and the thread will get locked/other bad things will happen.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm not sure why you keep bringing up Buddhism as an example. Buddhism, unlike Islam, Christianity, and Judaism, is not a monotheistic religion focused on devotion to one's deity. Essentially, Buddhism is a western religion that has a strong focus on inner peace and living by a set of principals, rather than there being a focus on devotion. It is entirely unlike western religions in that there isn't really a way to be a Buddhist extremist in the context of the religion. You can't wage a holy war for Buddha, nor can you claim to be living your life for any one or group of deities in such a fashion that leads you to extremist action. It just isn't how Buddhism works.

Just an example.
And yes, Buddhism is completely different from Christianity/Judaism/Islam etc, I agree.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wonder if they'll have many takers.

It's one thing to defend the country on Jewish-oriented site, but I doubt Israel will be paying there. They'll probably want you to join networks that are huge (facebook) or are at best skeptic about what the hell they're pulling of in that region. And that means you'll have to deal with a huge deal of criticism on your country. And that's on a good day, as this is the internet: flame wars, hatred and downright antisemitism will be things to deal with.

Perhaps worse: right now, the US is more or less protecting Israel's actions. The rest of Europe is at least asking questions. Once that support stops, it's likely that Israel can get into bad weather on their actions (meaning: stealing the land from Palestinians and terrorizing them as far as possible...they're keeping it some steps below genocide, but upon reading about their actions, I sometimes think that is just "for now"). And when that happens, all that propaganda is more or less unerasable from your personal profile.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure why you keep bringing up Buddhism as an example. Buddhism, unlike Islam, Christianity, and Judaism, is not a monotheistic religion focused on devotion to one's deity. Essentially, Buddhism is an eastern religion that has a strong focus on inner peace and living by a set of principals, rather than there being a focus on devotion. It is entirely unlike western religions in that there isn't really a way to be a Buddhist extremist in the context of the religion. You can't wage a holy war for Buddha, nor can you claim to be living your life for any one or group of deities in such a fashion that leads you to extremist action. It just isn't how Buddhism works.

Sure if you stick with the original flavour (something no religion I have ever seen do, and for good reason most of the time), head a bit further east and it gets a bit more interesting. Sure it is not holy war in the sense that most romanticise it but the concept is not an alien one.

As for the matter at hand I can not see this being a great positive. By all means try to lessen the amount of stupidity that flows around the joint but I have yet to find a place in the world where the youth general populace of the place have an entirely considered opinion about where they find themselves. However I can see it being a net positive in some cases so I guess if they want to spunk their money away then whatever.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Clearly you haven't heard of the 969 movement. Or the BBS. Or the anti-Muslim clashes in Burma by Buddhist extremists.

Reactions: Thanatos Telos

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure if you stick with the original flavour (something no religion I have ever seen do, and for good reason most of the time), head a bit further east and it gets a bit more interesting. Sure it is not holy war in the sense that most romanticise it but the concept is not an alien one.

As for the matter at hand I can not see this being a great positive. By all means try to lessen the amount of stupidity that flows around the joint but I have yet to find a place in the world where the youth general populace of the place have an entirely considered opinion about where they find themselves. However I can see it being a net positive in some cases so I guess if they want to spunk their money away then whatever.
How about Genghis Khan, and his children(well his children were Muslims but he was Buddhist)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How about Genghis Khan, and his children(well his children were Muslims but he was Buddhist)

Possibly, however if we go down that path we soon end up at "well ? was a ?" and whether or not they were a bastard or a saint ([insert remark on language being changed by religious views]) might have very little or less to do with their beliefs and that is rarely productive.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Given that it's impossible to defend anything or anyone online because there's absolutely no logic or rules in this whirling entropy of chaos we call modern technology, this story is basically 'Israel to piss money down a bottomless hole'.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Given that it's impossible to defend anything or anyone online because there's absolutely no logic or rules in this whirling entropy of chaos we call modern technology, this story is basically 'Israel to piss money down a bottomless hole'.
Defense does not have to be complete (just lowering the general amount of ignorance can do wonders) and we have already seen fairly effective uses of similar tactics before; mention scientology, westboro baptist church, various other factions of god squads, certain technologies (ethernet over powerline being the main one of late), things that upset certain whalehuggers and often times you can expect their respective defence forces to appear before long if your site has something good (an exposé or something), is a news site, is reasonably big....
Similarly some of the more insidious advertising types have uses tactics like it to work their slimy arts. This is before you even get into the more fun things like http://cryptome.org/gent-forum-spies.htm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: