Hacking ISO size decrease?

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a possibility to further decreasing an ISO's size than scrubbing and trimming it? I've done that and I'm still about 80mb short from transferring the ISO to my WBFS formatted Flash Drive.

If that's not possible, do you think that any USB Loader would be able to read rar'd/zip'd/etc. ISO's in the future?
Sorry for making so many question threads. I'm in desperation now
sleep.gif

Gnite, everyone.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want short .iso file, you can use WiiScrubber (those shortened iso can be burn to DVD too), but I think this is already what you are doing.

Transferring the iso to WBFS do the shrinking (scrubbing) automatically, you don't need to reduce your iso manually first.
If you are still short on place on your WBFS partition, you can replace using WiiScrubber big video files with dummy video files (if you find one from the same format in your game, like logo intro video), you won't have them in your game anymore though.

Providing you can't read on the fly a compressed file, loader will never read compressed files.
Your computer need a lot of time to uncompress it, so imagine the wii power and the time it will need, and ... the temporary free space needed to store the uncompressed file on your HDD would be even bigger than having your iso uncompressed.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, using WiiScrubber, how would I go about doing things like removing the sometimes unnecessary files? And if I were to replace them, with what do I replace them with?

And my last question to that, is how would I go about finding these files inside of the ISO, if I have no experience editing the files within the ISO?

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
using wwt/wit it goes:
Code:
# just scrubbing
wit copy source dest --psel=game
# or
wit copy source dest --psel=no-update
# to specify output format use on of --wdf (default) --iso or --wbfs

# scrubbing while adding to a wbfs
wwt -p wbfs add source.iso --psel=game
#or 
wwt -p wbfs add source.iso --psel=no-update

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide to this thing? Cuz the documentation is attrocious (sorry), and the cmd files won't start up. So, I'm a little confused with this tool.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be rude, but I won't be able to check this on the weekdays. Does anyone know? Or did I somehow get mine corrupted?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's not corrupted. I'm sure I just don't know how to use it. I'm using the Windows Ver. in case you needed to know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Wholesome, welcome