Hacking .iso help? (Super Paper Mario showing up as 550mb rather than 4.5 gb)

TheFawfulSquad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, i downloaded the iso for it, went in wii backup manager, and transfered, but now it says its 550mb? help? heres proof its supposed to be 4.5gb -
dDQpHlO.png

and idk what that 2nd file is

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It more than likely trimmed the ISO of filler data for you. The game's files are only about 550 MB and the rest is unneeded filler that was cut off. It'll play fine.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, don't worry about the second file. Second, if you transferred the file over as wbfs, which is what you should have done, it is going to be around 550 MB for Super Paper Mario. The roughly 4.5 GB size is the size of a standard single-layer Wii disc. On a lot of games, much of that is unnecessary empty space that gets cut out when it's turned into a wbfs file. Everything is fine. Try playing the game.

Reactions: CeeDee

TheFawfulSquad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It more than likely trimmed the ISO of filler data for you. The game's files are only about 550 MB and the rest is unneeded filler that was cut off. It'll play fine.

ah, ok, thanks, was worried it wouldnt run correctly (since i was comparing it to smash bros brawl's gargantuar size of 7.15GB)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, ok, thanks, was worried it wouldnt run correctly (since i was comparing it to smash bros brawl's gargantuar size of 7.15GB)
Game sizes will vary, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which is on a dual-layer disc, is huge. Back in the day of disc-loading, people shared copies of the Smash Bros. image with the cut-scenes edited out so it would fit on a normal single-layered DVD.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brawl has a dual-layer disc (2 x 4GB) and needs about 7GB of the space. Super Paper Mario uses a 4GB single layer disc (and only uses 550 MB of it)

Reactions: Lacius

Ev1lbl0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I remember getting an iso and be surprised by the size. Don't worry, if it works, don't fix what's not broken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o