Hacking Isn't it the time to give Loadiine some love?

D

Deleted User

On one side we have people sad because Loadiine isn't relevant anymore
and the other side is trying to convert people to the better option

If you people are going to lie at least make it interesting. Using the word Agenda while talking about two ways of installing games is absurd

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Words have meaning. Accusing me of having an agenda makes no sense. I think you're doing so as a way to dismiss the argument instead of formulating a response.
This thread isnt a pro's & con's discussion though... It's about having feature's added to Loadiine & all you contribute negativity... Like we should all listen to you & do as you do...

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,
D

Deleted User

This thread isnt a pro's & con's discussion though... It's about having feature's added to Loadiine & all you contribute negativity...
If "negativity" is talking about alternatives, than so be it. He wasn't the first one to do it. And people are answering the thread question "Isn't it time to give Loadiine some love" with "No, their are better alternatives". Witch others can say there counter-argument. There is nothing negative about this.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$45 more to install backups when I have a perfectly fine sd card that doesn't require more work to setup than exporting a game with a tool overnight... Oh, and I can setup a mod environment using the exact same files without going through much more work. Loadiine is an alternative, not an obsolete piece of software. Once we can freely read/write to a Wii U formatted drive on PC and run modified titles, then loadiine can be considered obsolete.

Then continue to use it if you're super into modding and Loadiine is what you are familiar working with. I'm pretty sure all your needs could be accomplished with FTPiiU everywhere (if you can deal with slow transfer speeds) or modifying the title on a PC and then installing it to the Wii U using fake signing and CFW. Correct me if I'm wrong. However. 99.9% of users don't share your use case. For them Loadiine is absolutely obsolete.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread isnt a pro's & con's discussion though... It's about having feature's added to Loadiine & all you contribute negativity... Like we should all listen to you & do as you do...
Welcome to gbatemp, where staff are always asleep, kids seem to think that if its partially broken, it means that its rxtools broken, obsolete means that a different method of pirating has been found, and alternatives to modding are illegal.

Reactions: AmandaRose

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I like your profile pic. It's really cool. Loadiine is a dead end. All the features that were discussed in the OP are awesome. It's just not possible or practical to bring them to Loadiine. I love Samuel Smith's. It's excellent British beer.

Reactions: Deleted User

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can dump and inject saves with Saviine, I believe you can do VC with USB using sig patches and as for modding, that's about the only use for Loadiine (but I think there's an application that allows you replace game files on the fly without Loadiine anyways).
Take the card out, edit/copy the save, pop it back, faster. VC for a end user playing his pirated install able packages he got of the internet probably, for anyone else testing games? No.
Again the suggestion of sending large GB files over the network to test your mods and edits at 1mbs or less? At lest read the thread before jumping on the bandwagon.

Words have meaning. Accusing me of having an agenda makes no sense. I think you're doing so as a way to dismiss the argument instead of formulating a response.
You have already dragged this thread a bunch of pages more solely because you just can't stop trying to get others to think and do it your way, yes that is an Agenda.
Henry Ford tried this in 1928 and failed miserably. Why do you think you are going to succeed now?

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, neither of those are exploits.
An exploit is code taking advantage of a vulnerability, for loadiine the vulnerability was replacing another games rpx and making it read data from the sd instead of its real content and code folder, it worked because the wii u did not have DEP or just had a really easy to bypass DEP. The brazillian method is exploiting the fact disk tickets are considered legit signed tickets by the wii u with very little modification allowing us to install download versions of games with just a disk ticket and a few hex edits

Reactions: Deleted User

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take the card out, edit/copy the save, pop it back, faster. VC for a end user playing his pirated install able packages he got of the internet probably, for anyone else testing games? No.
Again the suggestion of sending large GB files over the network to test your mods and edits at 1mbs or less? At lest read the thread before jumping on the bandwagon.

You have already dragged this thread a bunch of pages more solely because you just can't stop trying to get others to think and do it your way, yes that is an Agenda.
Henry Ford tried this in 1928 and failed miserably. Why do you think you are going to succeed now?

I think I've been pretty consistent in saying that I don't give a fuck what people do. If I came off as trying to get others to think and to do things my way then I apologize. I don't get the Henry Ford reference nor do I care to look it up or have it explained. Whatever the case is it didn't shake out that bad. Ford cars are still on the road.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've been pretty consistent in saying that I don't give a fuck what people do. If I came off as trying to get others to think and to do things my way then I apologize. I don't get the Henry Ford reference nor do I care to look it up or have it explained. Whatever the case is it didn't shake out that bad. Ford cars are still on the road.
He started some factories on the rain forest and tried to get locals to work, eat, study and live The American Way. I don't remember it exactly but after a year or so riots took all over the city, executives and other US citizens barricaded themselves and the Army had to restore peace. Factories were closed and the city abandoned.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He started some factories on the rain forest and tried to get locals to work, eat, study and live The American Way. I don't remember it exactly but after a year or so riots took all over the city, executives and other US citizens barricaded themselves and the Army had to restore peace. Factories were closed and the city abandoned.

Hmmm. That's actually interesting. I might look into that.

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I didn't say over network.

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nintendo intended for you to be able to run backups and to install games from an SD card?
You don't seem to know what an exploit is. Or where exploits are involved.
An exploit is code taking advantage of a vulnerability, for loadiine the vulnerability was replacing another games rpx and making it read data from the sd instead of its real content and code folder, it worked because the wii u did not have DEP or just had a really easy to bypass DEP. The brazillian method is exploiting the fact disk tickets are considered legit signed tickets by the wii u with very little modification allowing us to install download versions of games with just a disk ticket and a few hex edits
For Loadiine, you're describing how it works, but I'm not really sure you're describing a vulnerability. It's able to act like that because it has control over PPC kernel (hello kernel exploits). But I'm not confident enough to maintain it's not using a specific exploit on its own (though I feel like it doesn't...)...
The Disc Tick Trick, however, is not an exploit: for the billionth time, tickets don't have to be edited/fixed if you really are using correctly dumped/decrypted tickets from discs/WUDs. It uses WUP Installer, which has been around for quite some time (Summer/September 2015). And if you say this is using a NEW WUP Installer, well "mods" of WUP Installer that had no white/black list were around months before the DTT was revealed as working but didn't really had any use back then. We could download encrypted titles from NUS but we were only missing a ticket that the console would not reject and we learned that ticket from discs of the same title, which are of course console independent because they're used to load the disc contents (and it'd be pretty unfortunate and pretty fucked up for those to be console specific lol), work for installing their NUS counterparts. Those tickets being compatible is not a vulnerability, that's just Nintendo being stupid.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't seem to know what an exploit is. Or where exploits are involved.

An exploit, in the context of code, is taking advantage of a vulnerability to obtain or achieve something unintended. I fail to see how Loadiine or the Brazilian method don't qualify as exploits. I read your explanation. You are able to do shit Nintendo obviously didn't intend so as far as I'm concerned they are exploits.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An exploit, in the context of code, is taking advantage of a vulnerability to obtain or achieve something unintended. I fail to see how Loadiine or the Brazilian method don't qualify as exploits. I read your explanation. You are able to do shit Nintendo obviously didn't intend so as far as I'm concerned they are exploits.
Both of those use exploits in order to do what they are doing. You wouldn't say that you are loading the mocha cfw exploit, you would say you are using haxchi to load mocha. You wouldn't say your 3ds is using the luma3ds exploit, you would say its using a9lh. You wouldn't call fbi an exploit either, it just uses an exploit to install unsigned code.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both of those use exploits in order to do what they are doing. You wouldn't say that you are loading the mocha cfw exploit, you would say you are using haxchi to load mocha. You wouldn't say your 3ds is using the luma3ds exploit, you would say its using a9lh. You wouldn't call fbi an exploit either, it just uses an exploit to install unsigned code.

I don't own a 3DS so those references are lost on me. So what you are saying is that the stagefright exploit or Haxchi (if applicable) are exploits that allow these homebrews to do what they do therefore they are not exploits in and of themselves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ok see ya