Hacking Isnt Gateway losing money by brick all these 3ds?

frown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, shills aside, let's play pretend for the sake of audience.
"I don't see how this would discourage new customers, either."
New customers come only from the pool of 4.x FW users, and GW just killed a bunch of 4.x consoles which are getting sold out already. Now think about where the missing users to be converted into new customers are going to appear from.
Gateway was probably hoping everyone would just believe their "memory corruptions due to flawed copying" line and in turn buy their cart just to stay safe.
(cost of a GW cart vs another compatible 3DS)
Why else would they set it to brick at random as opposed to 100% of the time?
They didn't want to drain the pool. They just wanted to make a splash.

Reactions: Gerbilly

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
How do you provide better service than someone who is copying you letter for letter? You keep saying this, but have provided no examples on how to actually do it. Hint: you can't.
And why exactly should I help GW, let alone for free?
You sound pretty angry about the whole thing. I'm not your enemy here, regardless of which flash cart you use. I'd simply warn that you get what you pay for in most cases, this one included. C'est la vie.
Dismissed. And don't spread misinformation while I'm hunting around, thank you for your cooperation.

Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, at all of this. I guess there really is no honour among thieves. Don't blame Gateway, blame the pirates that stole Gateway's software.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
4.5 is rare? Since when? XL's, maybe, but definitely not 3DS'es in general. Ever since the XL and 2DS came out, standard 3DS sales declined - there's loads of 2012 3DS'es avilable online, both new and used - sufficient stock to supply the pirating minority.

tecra_a8

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
they should have bricked the clone cart instead of the console, coz the console is yours and clones steal gw ideas, they have no right to brick

Mr_Pichu

かわいいね!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they should have bricked the clone cart instead of the console, coz the console is yours and clones steal gw ideas, they have no right to brick

Not sure the clone cards can be bricked, but the GW card could possibly be brickable, if you know how to do it. You never know, but it could be possible for a software developer to put code into a 3ds game to wipe a GW card. There is a known case of a bricking countermeasure against a backup device in at least one N64 game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn