Hardware Is your left hinge loose/squeaky?

Does your hinge squeak?

• Yes, a lot.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only sometimes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that there are a lot of people complaining about these things, and I knew about them before I got mine. I was hoping not to get one like this, but it turned out I did. My left hinge squeaks sometimes and is loose. It bothers me and makes me feel like Nintendo didn't even try. You'd expect a well build from a $250 console.

This what Nintendo told me after I emailed them about the problem:

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. The hinge was designed to move easily and have some play when clicked into place. When you move the upper screen it should stay where you leave it without flopping forward or backward on its own."

I know people have gotten responses from Nintendo just like this, but it's just really dumb that they're trying to say it was meant to be loose and wobbly.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep It does suck, the one I tested at Bestbuy after I heard about this issue made terrible hinge sounds and I posted about It in a thread a few weeks ago. If I buy one (which I probably will eventually), I'm gonna test that sucker in the store for 10 minutes before I leave with It with all the different problems I know about and there could be a lot of possible problems.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N.M. ZERO B.C. said:
Yep It does suck, the one I tested at Bestbuy after I heard about this issue made terrible hinge sounds and I posted about It in a thread a few weeks ago. If I buy one (which I probably will eventually), I'm gonna test that sucker in the store for 10 minutes before I leave with It with all the different problems I know about and there could be a lot of possible problems.
I sort of regret not waiting until they fix this problem, but I'm not too worried about it.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
this is like the 3rd or 4th 3DS hinge thread/poll

my hinge is fine and working great
I'm sorry about that. I just haven't seen any polls about it. Lucky you though because I hate my loose squeaky hinge):

Herox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a little loose, but I think it should be or it be tougher to close. I can shake it up and unless I do a motion so harsh, it wont close. Doesn't effect my ability to see the 3d either.

sonicsmash2

Trophies
XP
Country
Same here, i can hear squeaky sounds but really it doesnt affect my gameplay at all, and it doesnt bother me.
what really bothered me is i dont know that if i have this scratch or crack in my D-pad it looks like both.....
(offtopic) does anyone else know if your analog stick leaves a Circle mark on the left of your top screen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt