Homebrew Question is tinfoil or zerotwoxci better to install file(s)?..

Zaybokk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is tinfoil or zerotwoxci better to install file(s)?..
and which of the two installer(s) mentioned above usually have better success installations?..
my experience, i have better success so far on zerotwoxci,
tinfoil has been failing on almost every installation i have tried so far??..
what am i doing wrong on tinfoil?...
and is xci type or nsp type file(s) naturally better to install on switch?..
any help would be grateful guys thanks!, cheers..

if you're wondering , i'm on firmware version using unmodified atmosphere 6.2.0(aws 8.1)
atmosphere 0.8.1-(i believe latest update on this, but tinfoil has been failing on me almost every-time even when on CFW version 6.1.0 as well?)

Last edited by Zaybokk,

Ilie11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dopus?? whats that?
Nsp installer. Not sure but i think it contains code from tinfoil and has been removed from the usual places. I have been using it for quite a while and it never failed to install.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zaybokk

Zaybokk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nsp installer. Not sure but i think it contains code from tinfoil and has been removed from the usual places. I have been using it for quite a while and it never failed to install.

so dopus is better than tinfoil?

konamicode89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question, I have a mario odyssey XCI that I tried to install with dopus and has failed to installed, I keep getting an error processing files! and have no clue as to why. any help?

Also I am running on FW 5.1.0 with atmosphere, not ReiNX

Last edited by konamicode89,

Ilie11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
question, I have a mario odyssey XCI that I tried to install with dopus and has failed to installed, I keep getting an error processing files! and have no clue as to why. any help?

Also I am running on FW 5.1.0 with atmosphere, not ReiNX
You can't install .xci files. You want to install the .nsp with tinfoil or any other program of your choice. XCI files need converting to NSP before they can be installed.
SXOS is the only way to actually play xci files as they are

konamicode89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't install .xci files. You want to install the .nsp with tinfoil or any other program of your choice. XCI files need converting to NSP before they can be installed.
SXOS is the only way to actually play xci files as they are

This is not true, I have installed many xci files using dopus before but it's just with mario odyssey and pokemon lets go that refuse to install, I have just tried installing the NSP versions with dopus and have worked well.

I don't know how to check if a file is clean or not, I just keep trying with what I do know until it either works or I give up. I figured since here is where we can reach out to the Devs that I could perhaps let them know I am having an issue so either they can be nice enough to point me the right direction or in rare cases find a problem that they aren't already aware of.

I personally was never a fan of SXOS, and have patiently waited for atmosphere to fully and further develop. As far as backup loading dopus aka n1dus is a XCI and NSP installer for those who use CFW other than SXOS. I have tried using lockpick 1.0 to see if the issue was a lack of certain keys, but still no luck. meanwhile the NSPs have installed flawlessly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: That boi burning up, gonna melt those snowflakes.