Gaming Is this true for Jam with the Band?

theplasmastorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevertheless, flashcarts are unable to use the WI-FI Download function, as Nintendo's server keeps track of the IDs assigned to each physical copy of the game, which, even though they can be faked on flashcarts, the amount of possible IDs makes it for an extremely low chance to happen upon an ID that actually exists, thus effectively stopping illegal copies from downloading songs.

From wikipedia.

Drigz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That may be true. Can someone please confirm?

You have the mega pack anyway right? You can manually put the songs.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, it's true. You cannot download any songs from the Nintendo server.. because of what the previous post said.

However, it's kind of balanced out by the fact that you can add custom .bdx song files to your sav file.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
suruz said:
Yep, it's true. You cannot download any songs from the Nintendo server.. because of what the previous post said.

However, it's kind of balanced out by the fact that you can add custom .bdx song files to your sav file.
which, for the record, is practically impossible to on the official game.
so, yeah. a pirated version has way more custom songs available than the original.

liquidnumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the current set of wifi downloadable tracks for JWTB available in a bdx pack somewhere? I got the megapack elsewhere on the site but all I could find were the pack ins.

Basically I'm interested in official tracks in English.

liquidnumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean nobody has made them available, or that it's impossible? I figured someone could rip them from an official cart using a slot-2 device.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
liquidnumb said:
Does that mean nobody has made them available, or that it's impossible? I figured someone could rip them from an official cart using a slot-2 device.
nope.
none of the current save-ripping methods support 32MB saves.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
thedicemaster said:
liquidnumb said:
nope.
none of the current save-ripping methods support 32MB saves.
Are you sure it is 32 MB ?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the save chip used is 32MB, and the game expects a 32MB savefile.
the game uses only up to about 5-6MB of that.(also the reason i think akaio gets away with making a 16MB save, the rest is just padding)

seems odd, but it's because they have limited "large save carts".

there are only 2 gamecarts produced by nintendo capable of holding 5MB savedata.
the band brothers DX cart with 64MB game space, 8MB save space. and the warioware DIY cart with 128MB game space and 32MB save space
jam with the band was forced to use the bigger DIY cart because the added languages bumped the size up to above 64MB.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
liquidnumb said:
Is the current set of wifi downloadable tracks for JWTB available in a bdx pack somewhere? I got the megapack elsewhere on the site but all I could find were the pack ins.

Basically I'm interested in official tracks in English.

I was wondering this myself for a while...

But to be honest, there's so many custom songs available that I dont really mind.

If you really want the official songs, maybe consider buying the actual game?

If anyone can somehow rip the the official .bdx files, that would be awesome, but I'm fine without.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I rent the game and the first person who rented it downloaded tracks, no one else who rents it after them will be able to?

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
So if I rent the game and the first person who rented it downloaded tracks, no one else who rents it after them will be able to?

Yeah. You only get 50 slots per cart, and you're not allowed to delete any to make space for new ones.

It seems a bit harsh, but I guess it's so their servers dont get overloaded/the cost? Don't know.

So I would get the game new, lol xD

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suruz said:
D34DL1N3R said:

Yeah. You only get 50 slots per cart, and you're not allowed to delete any to make space for new ones.

It seems a bit harsh, but I guess it's so their servers dont get overloaded/the cost? Don't know.

So I would get the game new, lol xD

That's pretty lame. They make you buy multiple versions to get all the tracks, lmao. Someone needs to figure out how to hack the official dlc, I could care less about 5,000 video game and anime songs.

liquidnumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As suggested, I would just buy the game or find something else to do, but I'm recently disabled and on fixed income, and I literally have nothing better to do.

SO, is the obstacle the hardware, or the fact that slot-2 devices are no longer being supported and we need a firmware hack?

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
thedicemaster said:
the save chip used is 32MB, and the game expects a 32MB savefile.
the game uses only up to about 5-6MB of that.(also the reason i think akaio gets away with making a 16MB save, the rest is just padding)

seems odd, but it's because they have limited "large save carts".

there are only 2 gamecarts produced by nintendo capable of holding 5MB savedata.
the band brothers DX cart with 64MB game space, 8MB save space. and the warioware DIY cart with 128MB game space and 32MB save space
jam with the band was forced to use the bigger DIY cart because the added languages bumped the size up to above 64MB.

Thanks Master so we can expect 8MB saves like Cyclods does for the japanese version !?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
not really, most likely the game has some verification points beyond the first 8MB.
otherwise AKAIO(i think it was) wouldn't be using 16MB saves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtube.com/watch?v=fKm3kqOmqso