OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When i have my R4's usb adapter thing in my pc, is it okay to take out the microsd card without removing the usb adapter from the computer first? The USB adapter would still be connected to my computer, i would just be taking out the memory card. Is it safe to just take out and put in the sdcard without removing the usb adapter at all? Or am i supposed to "safely remove hardware" every time i take out or put in my sdcard into the usb adapter?

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right click eject is only Vista, and OSX.

If you saftly remove while the reader is in, and remce the card the usb reader wont work until you unplug it and re-plug it anyway. So there isnt any reson not to just umplug the reader.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you don't use the "Safely Remove Hardware" option, or the Eject Option in My Computer.

You risk corrupting your MicroSD. Which means you gotta reformat and lose all your data.

~Nero

cheeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't use the "Safely Remove Hardware" option, or the Eject Option in My Computer.

You risk corrupting your MicroSD. Which means you gotta reformat and lose all your data.

~Nero
That is not true! I have 5 USB readers from Micro to full size & for the past 3 years have never used the safe remove function & have never had any problems. The safe remove is made for morons that unplug their reader while writing to the card, which will mess things up. But everyone here has to know buy now never unplug anything until your finished reading or writing to it. Although if your one of those people that don’t know what your doing it’s a good idea to use the "Safely Remove Hardware".

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

~Nero

That is not true! I have 5 USB readers from Micro to full size & for the past 3 years have never used the safe remove function & have never had any problems. The safe remove is made for morons that unplug their reader while writing to the card, which will mess things up. But everyone here has to know buy now never unplug anything until your finished reading or writing to it. Although if your one of those people that don’t know what your doing it’s a good idea to use the "Safely Remove Hardware".

It's all about chance. I said you "risk" corrupting it.

Well, whatever. I never had any problems when I used "Safely Remove"...

~Nero

broz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
instead of using "safe remove", change the properties of the drive (in the device manager) to optimize for extraction. This configuration doesn't use write cache, so you no longer need to safely remove the hardware and you will never have a corrupted memory.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
instead of using "safe remove", change the properties of the drive (in the device manager) to optimize for extraction. This configuration doesn't use write cache, so you no longer need to safely remove the hardware and you will never have a corrupted memory.

Do this and you want have to right click safely remove crap.

Omoikane1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
As far as I know it's better to choose 'remove hardware safely' and not to unplug or take out the SD card while writing or reading. I wouldn't try taking it out without 'remove hardware safely' unless I find the computer hangs (I will first reset then take it out in this situation).

fenthwick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Choosing the remove safetly just makes sure that it won't read or write and you'll see if it isn't in use. You could un plugg it but you never know if a application suddenly reads from the extra disk ...like Windows media player(feck this prog!).

macherie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah usually say with my ipod, i dont have to 'safely remove' or 'eject from itunes', if i just pull it out, nothing goes wrong really. But i'm not sure if it's the same case with the R4, but above all, better be safe and click it than to not click it and possibly cause problems
smile.gif

Seccom Masada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I always copy my saves over to a backup folder whenever I stick in my microSD anyway, so if it corrupts from pulling (or whatever else), it's only a minor inconvenience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here