Hacking Is this PS3 able to have CFW installed?

RyuBunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PS3 slim, with the last 5 digits of the Serial being CECH-2501B. I believe we got it sometime when it came out, but I’m not sure. I will provide pictures of whatever is needed just in case. But I want to know if I can install CFW on this model without bricking the console.

Just read the bottom, it was manufactured in 2010.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a PS3 slim, with the last 5 digits of the Serial being CECH-2501B. I believe we got it sometime when it came out, but I’m not sure. I will provide pictures of whatever is needed just in case. But I want to know if I can install CFW on this model without bricking the console.

CFW, maybe, follow this to find out. Else, only Han.

Lemon_

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Use "minvercheck" to see if you can get down to 3.56 or below. Also, do NOT update to 4.83. Stuff only works on 4.82

RyuBunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use "minvercheck" to see if you can get down to 3.56 or below. Also, do NOT update to 4.83. Stuff only works on 4.82
I think we updated to 4.83 when it first came out, and if that’s the case do I need to purchase a NOR flasher to downgrade if possible?

D

Deleted User

I think we updated to 4.83 when it first came out, and if that’s the case do I need to purchase a NOR flasher to downgrade if possible?

Like stated run minverchk to make sure 1st

If possible then see if 4.83

If 4.83 you will need a flasher e3, teensy, progskeet etc

If 4.82 or below you can softmod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)