Hacking Is this Hardware legit?

SgtThom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a Acekard 2i and bought it from Console source.

The HW says HW:8181 and the Chip ID is 0fc2

Posts merged

I also can't seem to update it on my Ds.lite.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The HW ID *should* be two digits (i.e.- 44 or 81), so I'm thinking it's fake.

Try running AKAIO on it. If AKAIO doesn't work, it's fake.

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Dialexio said:
The HW ID *should* be two digits (i.e.- 44 or 81), so I'm thinking it's fake.

Try running AKAIO on it. If AKAIO doesn't work, it's fake.

So all acekards must be fake... I had many of them and all of them got the same HW 8181 and Chip Id 0fc2
biggrin.gif

I am running AKAIO on it without any troubles (so must be original card)

D

Deleted_171835

Ra ra ra.

It's legitimate. There are no fake Acekard 2i's. HW8181 probably just means HW81. Nothing special.

SgtThom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What ever.Anyways my friend Have a dsi but he haven't updated yet so I'm going to try the acekard 2i on it when ever he comes.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
bach3609 said:
Yeah, I have just discovered that. AKAIO is limited to 16 bits so it is only 2 digits. However the updating program is 32 bits. (I think) Therefore it is 8181 instead of 81. And for HWID 44 it is 4444.

You have things confused. AKAIO is 8bits and the updater is 16bits

ineedaspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my AK2i HW 8181 from consolesource too.

My 1.3u DSI see's the cart in the menu. When I try to load it gives me the "error,power off dsi, check manual etc". I tried 4.21/akaio 1.5 firmwares and none of them work. The cart does work with my DSL though fine. I do have a real one according to the "Cloned AK2i, Official Announcement" thread linked above.

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
ineedaspeed said:

My 1.3u DSI see's the cart in the menu. When I try to load it gives me the "error,power off dsi, check manual etc". I tried 4.21/akaio 1.5 firmwares and none of them work. The cart does work with my DSL though fine. I do have a real one according to the "Cloned AK2i, Official Announcement" thread linked above.

So you dont have dsi 1.3 but have dsi fw 1.4 - just fix it and will be working
biggrin.gif

Or use the paper trick...

SgtThom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ineedaspeed said:

The flash cart work perfectly on my Ds lite(note DS.lite).It even work with AKAIO

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
bach3609 said:
Yeah, I have just discovered that. AKAIO is limited to 16 bits so it is only 2 digits. However the updating program is 32 bits. (I think) Therefore it is 8181 instead of 81. And for HWID 44 it is 4444.

You have things confused. AKAIO is 8bits and the updater is 16bits

That's right. I knew something was wrong. AKAIO is 8 bits and updater is 16 bits therefore it displays the 4 digits. AKAIO displays only the first two so 8181 is 81 and 4444 is 4444, 88 is 8888, etc.

ineedaspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
penthaler said:
ineedaspeed said:

So you dont have dsi 1.3 but have dsi fw 1.4 - just fix it and will be working
biggrin.gif

Or use the paper trick...

Thanks for replying.

My DSI currently has firmware 1.3u and does not have 1.4u. Akiao and and 4.21 run perfectly on my DSLite.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SgtThom said:
The HW says HW:8181 and the Chip ID is 0fc2 On 28 Jan, Normatt located an updated fix for the AK2i: http://www.mediafire.com/?n4nm0i5dmtm

Should that fail, try the R4i Update fix (I had the same readings from my recently purchased AK2i and same problem running the update).
All I did was run the following R4i Update fix on my DSL and everything went as it should: http://www.r4ds-ds.com/Kernel/d/r4ifw_update_14_DSi.zip

QUOTE(bach3609 @ Feb 1 2010, 07:24 AM) Here is your answer.
HWID 8888, aka 88 is legit.
I'm not convinced you are accurate with your 'information'. You keep posting your definitive reply as to which HWIDs are fake, but AK Team don't go to that extent of defining which ones are real or fake. Where have you sourced this from? If its not based on proven facts, then you are simply scaremongering.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
SgtThom said:
The HW says HW:8181 and the Chip ID is 0fc2 On 28 Jan, Normatt located an updated fix for the AK2i: http://www.mediafire.com/?n4nm0i5dmtm

Should that fail, try the R4i Update fix (I had the same readings from my recently purchased AK2i and same problem running the update).
All I did was run the following R4i Update fix on my DSL and everything went as it should: http://www.r4ds-ds.com/Kernel/d/r4ifw_update_14_DSi.zip

QUOTE(bach3609 @ Feb 1 2010, 07:24 AM) Here is your answer.
HWID 8888, aka 88 is legit.
I'm not convinced you are accurate with your 'information'. You keep posting your definitive reply as to which HWIDs are fake, but AK Team don't go to that extent of defining which ones are real or fake. Where have you sourced this from? If its not based on proven facts, then you are simply scaremongering.
It would be interesting to find out if this new Firmware upgrade posted by Normatt also works on the AK2i 0fc2 8181 cards that previously required the R4i Ultra firmware update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)