Gaming Is this game truly a prequel to Ocarina? *SPOILERS*

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There was two gates of time in the game, one in the desert "Temple of Time" which is situated in Lanayru (where castle town is located in future game, at a time it is no longer a desert), one in the Temple of Hylia in the forest.

Desert Temple of Time >> OOT Temple of Time

Temple of Hylia >> TP Temple of Time

Cilph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Adult timeline: Ganondorf awakens within a short timeframe, no Link to save everyone (he went back to the past) -> World gets flooded; Wind Waker and beyond.
Child timeline: Ganondorf gets sealed in the Twilight Realm before his original destruction, all is well until Twilight Princess.

Skyward Sword details the creation of the Master Sword and Demise's constant reincarnation as a baddy, involving a future Link and Zelda.

SS > OoT > TP(Child), WW(Adult).

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, that is right. Ganon would be the reincarnation of Demise. Why he ended up as a giant pig is beyond me.
the triforce of power which ganon eventually gets his hands on turns him into the twisted pig demon that he ends up as.

i have to play TP now, i want to see how it is before OoT
tp is after oot :creep:

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think that Ganon is the fusion of Ganondorf + Demise. And that explains why Ganon resurrects "shortly" after OoT in the adult timeline (leading to WW).
Back to the child timeline, I don't think Ganondorf was sealed on the silent realm, I think they just locked him up (as in prison) for treason, as he was trying to use the Triforce to rule Hyrule.
About the Triforce being split and Ganon being a giant pig, that's because when Ganondorf got the Triforce, he was not worthy, and then it splitted itself into Zelda and Link so them would fulfill the prophecy and save Hyrule from Ganon (even one piece is powerful enough, as seen in OoT). The pig form is the corruption of Ganondorf by the triforce of power.

I didn't realize about the two temples of time, you are right, the Temple of Hylia/Sealed Grounds is probably the Forest Temple in OoT. It just make sense that the Deep Woods is the ancient Lost Woods, even the Skyview Temple became the Forest Temple of OoT.
About Lanaryu, there is clearly two regions. The region of the generator machine is what is known as Castle Town on OoT, and the Sand Harbor and the Sand Sea form the Gerudo Desert.

It's beginning to make sense.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you know another game with a master sword around the woods is a link to the past anyway what i think is they built the temple of time around it

TP is after oot why ? well because is what happen after zelda sent link back to the past and link told the king about what happen ect

Fedex14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
But they stated SS was the first game in the series and that it was a prequel to OoT. To make sense, it should be SS then ALTTP then OOT then the split timeline with either MM and later TP? and thent the other one WW with PH? This is confusing. The sword should have been left inside the sealed temple, NOT in the forest, so we could asume that the sealed temple would eventually be the Temple of Time of OoT. By putting it in a forest the sequel is either ALTTP which makes more sense than TP which would fit better AFTER oot.

Nintendo trying to solve the timeline issue is actually bringing in bigger confusion.

Cilph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But they stated SS was the first game in the series and that it was a prequel to OoT. To make sense, it should be SS then ALTTP then OOT then the split timeline with either MM and later TP? and thent the other one WW with PH? This is confusing. The sword should have been left inside the sealed temple, NOT in the forest, so we could asume that the sealed temple would eventually be the Temple of Time of OoT. By putting it in a forest the sequel is either ALTTP which makes more sense than TP which would fit better AFTER oot.

Nintendo trying to solve the timeline issue is actually bringing in bigger confusion.

ALTTP does not take place before OoT, mainly because Ganon is already sealed in the sacred realm.

Fedex14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

ALTTP does not take place before OoT, mainly because Ganon is already sealed in the sacred realm.

Truly, I remembered that Nintendo had stated that OoT took place before, but still, how did the Master Sword end up in the woods and then appears in a temple and then AGAIN in the woods twice? it would have more logic to either TP or ALLTP to take place before OOT rather than after

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've read the aLttP happens BEFORE OoT, mainly because it starts at the Civil War, and OoT is consequence of the war.
Maybe there is a missing link (I see what you did there!) between SS and aLttP.

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the whole zelda time line brings about alot of questions. but the best we can say is that they are linked and each link is technically a seperate charactor.

the game actually seems to support the split time line theory http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Split_Timeline_Theory

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this thread had some hard facts from the producers about the timeline. But this ended up another theory thread. UGH.
to date no official time line and the linking of the games has ever been reviealed. only hard facts that we do have is that some games come before the others. the rest of the links between the games is all theory and will probly remain as such forever

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read the aLttP happens BEFORE OoT, mainly because it starts at the Civil War, and OoT is consequence of the war.
Maybe there is a missing link (I see what you did there!) between SS and aLttP.

no OOT was the first story a link to the past happens somewere after

Errorjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You people do realize that there is no timeline right. It's what people like to make up for the zelda series, but really, even though games have the same main character everytime and most of the time, the same villain, there is not a relation between them. It's like Final Fantasy, no relations to each others, the only difference is that the characters are always the same. Show how Nintendo can't really innovate and give us the same thing over and over.

Acually this is false, there is a timeline but Nintendo has it a secret. It properly has other games in development that are in there what keep it secret but I've heard in an interview not too long ago that there is indeed a timeline but only few have access to it.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SS is for sure the very 1st zelda in the timeline and i know where ss, oot, tp, ww, phg, and st fit into the timeline but what fucks me up is where the rest fit in including the handheld games! alttp and the original are supposed to be near the end of the timeline so where the fuck do these fit in HOW can they fit in the split timeline?!?!

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess the split adult Link timeline goes with the world being sunken under the water: WW, PH, ST. And that's it.
All the others fit, IMHO, on the child timelines, which is the main timeline, by the way. Zelda I, AoL, OoA, OoS, LA.
I'm not sure about aLttP, but SS is succeeded by Minish Cap for sure.

Anyways, I was thinking, after rewatching SS intro, that a HUGE revolution in the Zelda series would be a "REAL" Zelda game, where you played as Hylian and the main quest was the war against evil + rising/creating Skyloft, and the ending would be Hylian creating Fi and, after the credits, incarnating on Zelda.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2