Hacking Is this an Acekard 2i issue or ROM issue?

MrHuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all,

I'm a bit new to all this and I have a question.

Some games are either freezing completely (Telly Addicts, CSI: Unsolved) or playing in slow motion (Top Spin 2, 3 & plenty of others), is this a problem with the Acekard 2i or the ROMs? And is this just an unavoidable problem or is something wrong on my end?

Any help would be great.

PS: I'm using a DSi XL.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try reformatting your card with Panasonic formatter(remeber to backup) and get the latest AKAIO(1.8.5) before thinking of buying a new SD card

MrHuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lolzed said:
Try reformatting your card with Panasonic formatter(remeber to backup) and get the latest AKAIO(1.8.5) before thinking of buying a new SD card

I've already done both, with no joy.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hard to tell - I also had problems like what you say but it varied

For example.....
I had 'stutter' (slow-downs??) problems with 'Animal Crossing:Wild World (E)' but none with 'Animal Crossing:Wild World (U)' - so that points towards the ROM being the problem

BUT

I also had 'white screens' when starting 'Brain Age' ( both (E) and (U) ) - but not every time, which points towards the AK2i or the firmware support & not the ROM.

YET

This was 'cured' (for a while) by backing up & reformatting the SD card using the 'Panasonic SD formatter' - THAT points towards the memory card being the problem

Brought a new bigger/faster memory card & never had any problem since (while I still owned a AK2i - now moved to a DSTwo) - so it could be any of these things

EDIT: Read the replies after posting this - seems like you already tried the 'Formatting SD card'.
It still could be the MSD - what make/size/speed is it ??
Have you another MSD to try out ??

MrHuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm currently using a SanDisk class 4 8GB MicroSDHC. And no, I don't have another to try. The class 6 Samsung is temping me, I can have it in my hands tomorrow for £20 which is nothing. I'm just wondering if it'll help.

MrHuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Evo.lve said:
When it comes to these things, you want not only a low latency, but a high read and write speed. Transcend and A-Data Class 6 cards are known good brands.

Are those better than the one I posted? "The Samsung MB-MP8GEU 8GB Micro SDHC PLUS Class 6 Extreme Speed Memory Card"

MrHuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just tested the read speed of my Sandisk c4 8GB, it came back as 6.2mb/sec, is this fast or slow? The Samsung I'm looking at is 3x as fast according to the specs.

EDIT: The write speed is 4.6mb/sec

MrHuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just wanted to let you know my problems are all fixed, games that were crashing aren't anymore and everything is much faster. The Samsung MicroSDHC is a great bit of kit, you can tell from the packaging it's top draw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1