Hacking Is there anything to look out for while buying an SDHC card?

Clydefrosch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've recently won a r4i 3ds card, came in a christmasy red package, this one:

down3dse.gif

Its the first card I've got without its own internal memory, so I thought I should better ask before I order a micro card for it. Right now, I'm looking at a 8gb sandisk one: http://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Micro-SDHC-Class-Speicherkarte/dp/B001D0ROGO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332521990&sr=8-1

I guess it would be ok, but I'd like to avoid lag in cutscenes and such when its just caused by bad reading-speed or something.
So should I go for that one? Or better use a smaller card, or a different one altogether?

Thank you for your help ^^

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the best msd card i've used is the transcend 8gb class-6. i've beta tested a few thousand files and the cards are still going strong. the kingston cards 4gb class-4 cards i have show a few problems, one always corrupts and another won't connect to the pc (no matter what adapter i try and i have 9 of them on my desk right now). adata cards are also highly regarded for this hobby.

when it comes to msd cards buy from a legit site. if you are going to buy from amazon then make sure amazon is selling and shipping the card. i can't count the number of times i've read about someone who bought a 16 or 32gb card and found it was actually a 2gb card. also kingston and sandisk seem to be the most counterfeited cards.

-another world

AnonymousFriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Careful buying Sandisk cards, especially from Asian countries. Sandisks are frequently counterfeit, and counterfeit SD's tend to have issues, if they even work at all.

Also, even if you're needy for space, it's a good idea to buy multiple smaller-capacity cards than one big card. That way you're out less money and hassle if one of them happens to randomly die. I use two 8gbs (one Sandisk and one Dane Elec) and two 2gbs (both Dane Elec). I've had good luck with the Dane Elec brand so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    B @ btjunior: i love sigma meals, skibidi slicers!!