Hacking Is there any way to get Wii Dumper to work with a USB LAN Adapter?

Krusty104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I've used Wii Dumper 1.2 using the SD card in my Wii to copy a game disc and found that it works quite well. I haven't got WiFi here at home, so I bought a Wii USB LAN Adapter in the hope that I would be able to dump discs to my laptop via Ethernet in less time instead of the 6+ hours it took me the SD card way.

I don't seem to be able to use the adapter in this manner though, Wii Dumper only has Wifi, SD or USB options. I've tried WiFi and USB and it has only ended in tears.

Is it possible to make this work?
smileipb2.png

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It works fine for me. Use the network mode (might be called wifi).

Check that you have set up your wired connection settings properly (mainly that you set it as your current connection).

If you're still having issues try Wiihttpd, that dumps disks to a very similar routine.

Krusty104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing with this again tonite and I still can't get it going (error = -116), but I have a couple of quick questions. Does the internet Connection Test have to succeed at least once for Wii Dumper to find the connection in the first place? I haven't actually connected my Wii to the internet at any stage yet, although the USB LAN Adapter is at last showing a MAC address in the Wii settings.

And once the Wii knows it has successfully connected once to the internet, does that connection then work for the purpose of using Wii Dumper to copy discs *without* being connected to the internet? Or would I have to connect to the internet every time I want to use Wii Dumper?

I ask this because it would be *really* difficult to have the Wii and my ADSL phone line connected at the same time (they are at opposite ends of my house). I'm connecting both the Wii and my laptop to my Billion ADSL router.

Thanks for any help,

K.
blink.gif

Krusty104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, had another bash at this today, and success - Wii DVD Dumper is working now.
cool.gif

To help other noobs who might be wondering how this works with a USB LAN Adapter - You definitely need to hook the Wii up to the internet and pass a Connection Test once. After that, Wii Dumper will use the connection and it doesn't care if you are connected to the internet any more.

Thanks for the help guys!
bow.gif

Krusty104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speed is a 'lil strange ... I dumped Rayman Raving Rabbids last night. The transfer started out at around 470K/sec, then when I checked it about an hour later, I was getting around 360K/sec, and an hour later again it was around the 270K/sec mark. All up, it took over 3 hours to dump this disc onto my laptop, but my laptop network port and router network ports are all 10/100, not gigabit LAN - dunno if this would make any difference anyway.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay