Hacking Is there ANY way for me to play gamecube backups on a 4.3 factory Wii?

ShadowWaker03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a noob to the whole softmodding thing, but i know Nintendo removed the thing that lets it read DVD-R backups or whatever. ..
but I was wondering if I have an actual Gamecube ISO, is there anyway that I'd be able to play it on my new factory wii.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if you buy one of those Wode Juke box things?

Its basically a drive emulator that loads ISO's off of a hard drive.

I don't own a Wode so really I am spouting information half remembered and half guessed... Maybe some one who owns one would post and enlighten you and by extension me :)

Edit: Well yes it will load GC games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTPq6J5eVds

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do some reading and research around GBATemp and you will become comfortable with the idea of soft-modding. Browse the Noob Guide, then, when you're ready to take the leap click use XFlak's ModMii

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1. Using Dios Mios Lite ---> Requires only installing an application, you may load from the SD only.
2. Using SDGecko ---> Requires an SD Adapter for the Gamecube slot, you may only load games via the Gecko adapter.
3. Installing a WODE Kit ---> Requires a WODE modchip kit, will allow you to load Gamecube games via discs or USB (I think).
4. Replacing the DVD drive ---> You may find an older drive online or get one from a dismantled Wii and replace the one you currently have, this will allow loading from DVD discs.

I ordered your options in order of costs you'd have to make to launch backups, I hope that helps.

ShadowWaker03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for all of your help.
I decided to try to use the DIOS MIOS Lite method. But I was wondering I did something wrong. I followed all the steps in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KKKA5_arEE , but in the end, when I tried to run it through NeoGamma, It told me no games found when I chose for it to search for GC games. I have the ISO in a folder labled "games" on the root of my SD card but it still gives me this error.

Does anyone know what i did wrong?

djgabba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey ShodowWaker03
I am having the same problem , when i try and load off the sd card in the front of my wii so i have just ordered a Datel Media Launcher 2GB Gamecube card off amazon as a friend of my said to get a gamecube sd card reader (gekco card) and to put the games i want to run on to the card and then run them thru the lastest version of neogamma, now i'm yet to try this as i'm still waiting on the card to arive so i don't know if this works yet but i will post as soon as i get the card and have tested it

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For DML you have to run the ISO through discex and put the folder that gives you in the games folder. I've also read that you can make a folder with the name of the game ID, rename the ISO to game.iso, and put that in the games folder.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
No, 4.3 has been shipped as standard SM long before the horizontal Wii was made. I have no idea how long, but my black Wii bought long before horizontal Wiis were available came with 4.3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...