Hacking Is there any homebrew that can virginize your wii again?

Pakatus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thing is,

If something went wrong, and we can only get into homebrew (bootmii), is there a homebrew app that can restore factory settings on wii?.

This would be usefull if people have bootmii and dont have a bootmii dump, or the restoremii failed.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Could be fun to do...

Something that:

- autodetect & delete all fakesigned channels (pirated VC/WW, standalone homebrew, HBC, DVDX,...)
- autodetect & delete all known cIOS
- install last official versions of all IOS from NUS (to remove CIOScorp)
- install last official version of System Menu from NUS (to remove preloader/startpatch/etc)

The only thing left would be bootmii, not sure if it's manually uninstallable (maybe through Hackmii Installer, I don't remember).

And they would call it WiiClean... obviously

Pakatus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i vote for wiirginize
tongue.gif

Can it be done?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
KiiWii said:
And they would call it: update to 4.2 via nintendo.

Fixed.

nope
Nintendo updates don't delete fakesigned/pirated channels, only old HBC & DVDX versions
And it doesn't affects some CIOS slots, as well as it can't update IOS modified by cioscorp (because of that dumb forced version number)

And we know that most of the time, people asking to "virginize" their Wii are people that have installed cioscorp and suddenly realize their Wii are in a complete mess.

Seriously, such application could be great, with two options for cleaning:

1/ automatic cleaning: every content (channel,IOS, system menu) that belongs to unofficial modification, hacking or homebrew is wiped off and eventually replaced with a clean update from NUS

2/ advanced cleaning: everytime unofficial content is detected, you got a message prompt to ask you if you want to clean it or not (could be useful to keep some stuff when you know what you are doing)

This should also clean region modifications to be complete...

Pakatus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if there is a EPROM with the factory firmware version? or is that flashed after the first update?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I vote for "kiill mii"
Might as well call it BrickMii then...

I like Viirgiiniize.

Also, bootmii is removable with Hackmii installer. Nothing else can remove it right now except updating boot2, which is brick-prone.

An option let users select the factory firmware version to install during cleaning might be nice. Show the options based on installed boot2 version to prevent noobs from bricking.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Umm, comex's NAND formatter anyone? Gets rid of EVERYTHING, and installs a System Menu and a few IOS (all of your choice). Yes it also gets rid of bought channels, saves, miis etc. but those are probably least of your worries if your wii is irreprebably bricked.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
KiiWii said:
And they would call it: update to 4.2 via nintendo.

Fixed.
hahahhaa

no

Wait.....are we not supposed to update to 4.2 through Nintendo?

I was just getting ready to mod a fresh Wii that has homebrew halfway installed. Was going to format (get rid of anything he had done) and then update to 4.2 from Nintendo server and then follow xzxero's guide to victory.

Not a good idea?

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
Wait.....are we not supposed to update to 4.2 through Nintendo?

I was just getting ready to mod a fresh Wii that has homebrew halfway installed. Was going to format (get rid of anything he had done) and then update to 4.2 from Nintendo server and then follow xzxero's guide to victory.

Not a good idea?

You CAN do a Nintendo official firmware update to start with and xzxero's guide will work just fine that way (I did three of these myself this way in the past week).

The reason for the "no" was not that you can't do a NUS 4.2 update but that doing that nintendo update won't technically "virginize" the system completely.

Alot of the cIOS stuff and other "softmods" go into unused IOS slots so nothing Nintendo sends you in the 4.2 update would replace some of them. Some get stubbed which replaces them with garbage but others are left alone.

If you're worried about having a completely virginized system it can only be accomplished "the hard way" but if your goal is just to follow xzxero's guide to get a fully updated, soft-modded wii, then you can just start with the official update to 4.2.

Eric

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
A direct quote from his guide

'For those who are already softmodded and would like to try this guide to update your cIOS and whatnot, i actually recommend to update via Nintendo to get to a virgin 4.2. I mean, when it first came out, it was not recommended at all to update, only if you wanted a headache. But know with the new updated applications it's safe to say you can easily mod 4.2 wii's now. The only thing i recommend is for cIOScorp users wanting to update to 4.2 should install a clean IOS30 via DOP-IOS to avoid any problems with the hackmii installer.'

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
how to get a virgin wii : dont use any ios changes, use a brain and delete what was not bought. (hell, why those illegal shit are on your wii is beyond me).

if i wanted to get everything from homebrew gone all i'd need to do is delete cios,bootmii ios,dvdx & HBC. done and done (no, i dont have any trucha signed or ES_DIVerify patched ios's left except for shitty cios. and yes preloader works
tongue.gif
)

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
A direct quote from his guide

'For those who are already softmodded and would like to try this guide to update your cIOS and whatnot, i actually recommend to update via Nintendo to get to a virgin 4.2. I mean, when it first came out, it was not recommended at all to update, only if you wanted a headache. But know with the new updated applications it's safe to say you can easily mod 4.2 wii's now. The only thing i recommend is for cIOScorp users wanting to update to 4.2 should install a clean IOS30 via DOP-IOS to avoid any problems with the hackmii installer.'

Thanks for pointing that out. I had read that but I am mostly concerned about what softmod attempts had been preformed on this Wii prior to me getting it and if they will conflict with the guide.

cIOSCorp seems like it might be a problem, not sure if that was done to it. It also sounds like it is a bad idea to use the format Wii memory option IF preloader is installed. It is desirable to use that option because I would like to free up as much memory as possible and go to default factory settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lo