Homebrew is there an amiga emulator?

Wuggl3z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the other day (after finding out that the newzealan story is coming out on DS) i was thinking how great it would be to play moonstone and all those other games i used to play all day long on my amiga 600 on my DS

is it possible?

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope, your best bet is to stick to computer on that one.

I've got Cloanto's Amiga Forever on the pc, it uses the UAE but dresses it up with a very nice gui. Includes instructions to make a serial cable to bridge the pc and amiga so you can transfer stuff (slowly) without having to spring for a CatWeasel or some such thing.

Love it, worth every cent.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another handy thing about the cloanto emulator is you can transfer the files that you've downloaded from the pc, to the amiga using a network card in the amiga. Its great just to put the games back on the disc or to use WHDLOAD which enables you to play games from the amiga harddrive. The amiga has loads of custom chips and is quite hard to emulate. Another way to play the amiga is to get an emulator for a modded xbox. Amigas are as cheap as chips to pick up on ebay now.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I'm still hunting for the elusive PCMCIA ethernet card for my 1200. Any clues to a compatible card that's common and cheap would be appreciated!

My poor 3000 with a networking card isn't feeling well these days :'(

jayminer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, check out the compatibility list for cnet.device or download 3c589.device and read the docs - there is probably a compatibility list in the 3c589 archive.

what is wrong with the A3000 btw? make sure you remove the battery from it if it's leaking onto the motherboard, and press hard on all socketed chips and reseat the CPU board. In my experience, Amigas don't die that easily so please, try and save it
wink.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
last year I bought an Amiga + Commodore 1084 monitor + Competition Pro Joystick + box full of games for 20€ on eBay...the shipping costs were another 30€ (it came in 2 huge packages), but it was still worth it...

makes much more sense to buy the real thing instead of an emulator...
you can even transfer ADF images from your PC to Amiga disks, all you need is a fitting cable and software

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, check out the compatibility list for cnet.device or download 3c589.device and read the docs - there is probably a compatibility list in the 3c589 archive.

what is wrong with the A3000 btw? make sure you remove the battery from it if it's leaking onto the motherboard, and press hard on all socketed chips and reseat the CPU board. In my experience, Amigas don't die that easily so please, try and save it
wink.gif

Thanks (the great) jayminer, I'll check into your suggestions!

The a3000, it's corrosion from the battery, unfortunatly. I've removed it and tried to clean up, but there is significant damage.

Right now I'm using the 1200, but a future project is sorting through my pile of 1000's and making a couple of working ones out of the stack.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah, I'm still hunting for the elusive PCMCIA ethernet card for my 1200. Any clues to a compatible card that's common and cheap would be appreciated!

My poor 3000 with a networking card isn't feeling well these days :'(

I got a wireless network card for my amiga 1200 a while back on ebay which included the drivers. Once its set up it works great. Its brilliant being able to transfer files from the pc to the amiga wirelessly and being able to go online. Its just a shame I can't get the best email program on the amiga to work,

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the other day (after finding out that the newzealan story is coming out on DS)Â i was thinking how great it would be to play moonstone and all those other games i used to play all day long on my amiga 600 on my DS

is it possible?
An Amiga EMU on the DS would be nice, although like already stated
doubtful. But I do have an Amiga EMU working on my Palm & PSP.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...