Is there a working exploit for 9.9.0-26U that doesn't require a game?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by tubbyman2000, Dec 6, 2015.

1. tubbyman2000
    OP

tubbyman2000 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    United States
    I have 5 3DSs. Yes, I am aware I have a problem. Today I decided to see what the homebrew community was up to and found some pretty cool stuff. So I decided screw it, I'm gonna dedicate one 3DS to homebrew. Well the earliest firmware version on my 4 spare 3DSs is 9.9.0-26U because stupid me decided to update them periodically. I looked up Cubic Ninja and its in the $90 range so that's out of the question, Ironfall is patched, I don't have YouTube downloaded so that's not doable, and my web browser won't load any page until I perform a system update. Do I just have to wait for some new exploit to be found? I'm not updating anything anymore. If it helps I have an R4i Gold that runs on my new 3DS on the latest version so DS homebrew is still possible. What do you all think I should do?

UPDATE: Well, I didn't end up finding a way that would work for me without a game, but I found a way in with OoT3D and a Datel Powersaves Pro. From there I just installed menuhax and now I'm good to go :yay3ds:

Last edited by tubbyman2000, Dec 8, 2015
  2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    You might be able to use Browserhax, but that's if you didn't get the update warning yet.
    You can also use Zelda OoT, but you need some way to load to save file exploit into that game. Pretty much all the free exploits like Tubehax and IronHAX have been patched out by this point.

3. tubbyman2000
    OP

tubbyman2000 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    United States
    Guess I just have to wait :(

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Holy guacamole batman you just gave me a great idea!! A Datel Powersaves is only about $15 currently. Can I use that to flash the exploit onto my game card?

4. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Yes Robin, you can. :P

tubbyman2000 likes this.
  5. tubbyman2000
    OP

tubbyman2000 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    United States
    Just ordered the Powersaves on Amazon. Yellows8 has the raw save data on github so I'll try it out on Tuesday when my package arrives. Thanks guys :) 3DS homebrew, here I come!

Hoppy, marc00077 and hobbledehoy899 like this.
  6. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    linux-zen
    Once the package arives you'll become one of the cool kids.

7. Spankpanky

Spankpanky Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2015
    Might as well update for smash dlc

8. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Then you're only option for an exploit is a game card if you update to 10.3. :P

Unless you have pre-September IronFall Invasion installed.

Although you can set up Smash Hax using SSB, but I think that requires Linux.

Last edited by Voxel, Dec 6, 2015
  9. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    They said they were getting a Powersaves for OoT3D.

Voxel likes this.
  10. tubbyman2000
    OP

tubbyman2000 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    United States
    Don't worry, I've got a virgin new 3DS so I can keep up with all the official stuff B-) I'll post the results when I get the Powersaves

11. wiiNinja

wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2009
    United States
    You have 4 spare 3DSes. I imagine you can sell a couple of those and buy one that is exploitable, and have money left over for other things. Do you really need all 5?

12. tubbyman2000
    OP

tubbyman2000 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    United States
    No you're right. I don't need all of them. I'm kind of a hoarder though and have a hard time letting go of stuff. The only time I ever tried getting rid of one was when I wanted to give it to my sister but she said she just wasn't that into video games. I suppose I could go to my local retro game shop and trade them in. I have the boxes and manuals and everything. The only thing I'm worried about is finding a 3DS that's 9.2 or below. If I'm gonna buy another one, I figure it might as well be kernel exploitable.

13. Spankpanky

Spankpanky Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2015
    Smashhax only works on new 3ds not old though