Hacking Is there a way to unbrick a banner bricked wii without modchips?

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It must have Priiloader already installed or be an older model where bootmii was installed as Boot2.

If it is an older model and was configured properly, rename the folder "SD:/bootmii_off" to "SD:/bootmii" on a PC and then turn on the Wii. The Bootmii menu should launch and allow launching the HBC or Restoring the nand.

If priiloader was installed (as it should have been), then hold the "reset" button on the console (next to the power button) and the priiloader menu should launch. That allows launching the HBC or launching Bootmii (if bootmii was installed as IOS).

Launching the HBC is the preferred way to restore because then you can launch a .wad installer (like "YAWMM") and re-install the 4.3U system menu.wad file without having to restore the nand. This is the best way to unbrick from a banner brick.

Alternatively, restoring the NAND with Bootmii will also work but is not really necessary (overkill). If bootmii was installed as IOS it can be launched using the HBC or priiloader. Restoring the nand does require that a nand backup was made previously. The files to restore (nand.bin keys.txt or similar) be at SD:/*

Stealphie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Dont have priiloader, bootmii and a nand backup. i have a vWii nand backup, but i know it doesnt work, i am looking for how to use SaveMiiFrii to unbrick my wii. i still have the wads which caused the brick in my computer.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@NewGBAXL Unfortunately,this is not possible....

A Banner Brick occurs when the user installs a channel with an invalid banner (wrong image size). With this type of brick the system will freeze after the Health and Safety screen and may display a "System Files are Corrupted" error message. This can be fixed if the Wii has previously had BootMii (as Boot2),WC24 title booting or Preloader/Priiloader installed, or as a last resort, the BlueBomb exploit.
https://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Brick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night