Gaming Is there a way to turn off the backlight of the 3ds completely?

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
First of all, this is probably a dumb question, but i wanted to ask it anyway because i didn't find anything about this.
The main reason I want to do this is to try out some emulators with no backlight to feel how the older systems felt like (you can already tell I'm a millennial). Also I'm really curios to see how 3D works if it even does.
Thank you in advance.

Gyaraga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Well, there are some homebrew programs like CTR Redshift or LCD tweaker to lower the brightness down to nearly nothing, but the LCD screens on the 3DS are not built for reflectivity. Without the backlight, there's no way to view the display. The Game Boy systems were built with reflective screens made to display well with natural light. 3DS systems are not.

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No. Well, there are some homebrew programs like CTR Redshift or LCD tweaker to lower the brightness down to nearly nothing, but the LCD screens on the 3DS are not built for reflectivity. Without the backlight, there's no way to view the display. The Game Boy systems were built with reflective screens made to display well with natural light. 3DS systems are not.

Thanks for the info.

kingawsume

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There used to be a DS game called Texas Hold 'em Poker that'd let you turn off the back light; it'd revert if you left the game, however.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There used to be a DS game called Texas Hold 'em Poker that'd let you turn off the back light; it'd revert if you left the game, however.
Super Mario 64 DS also let you toggle the back light, but it's really useless on a DS Lite or any DS model that came later since the only thing that does is basically put the screens black (again, only on DS Lite or later models, 3DS included)

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Super Mario 64 DS also let you toggle the back light, but it's really useless on a DS Lite or any DS model that came later since the only thing that does is basically put the screens black (again, only on DS Lite or later models, 3DS included)
How come i did not know that?

legoinventeor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Maybe you didn't research? :P
Nope.
I mean, I played the game when I was smaler and I recall actually toggling this feature but i had no Idea what backlight means so I never touched it again.

PS: By saying that that the ds lite and all the other models that came after can't do this, culdn't you just have said that only the original DS can do this?

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Nope.
I mean, I played the game when I was smaler and I recall actually toggling this feature but i had no Idea what backlight means so I never touched it again.

PS: By saying that that the ds lite and all the other models that came after can't do this, culdn't you just have said that only the original DS can do this?
I could've just say that, yes, sorry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021