Homebrew Is there a way to edit/change save files for 'fake' virtual console titles?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 17,002
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted User

OP
I used the New Super Ultimate Injector to get Pokemon Emerald on my 3ds, but it doesn't show up in checkpoint. Is there some way to extract/alter the save file?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PKSM doesn’t show those games, the only show the real games. I would use PKHEX, but I don’t know where to get the save file.
I have the games converted to .cia files.
Copied and pasted from the Flagbrew Discord,
FlagBot said:
How do I access my GBA games?
Open PKSM's settings from the game select menu by pressing x, and go to Misc. Then choose Title IDs. Then, select the game you want to set a custom title ID for, and enter the game's title ID. You can check this in FBI. Afterwards, select VC Games at the top of the game select screen (or hit R).

giratinagiratina (piepie62 #3412) { 06/23/2020 } said:
Another thing to note: your GBA VC must have been created with the save type set to 1024kbit

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Deleted User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-
Is there some way to do this for the “checkpoint” program as well?
Checkpoint doesn't support GBA VC saves at the moment.

That role is left to GodMode9 and GBAVCSM gm9 script.

It's not that the FlagBrew devs intended to ignore these; GBA VC games are different compared to other 3DS games because their saves don't follow the DISA/DIFF format. Nintendo did not program a process that specializes in handing GBA VC saves to the 3DS firmware because they stopped short of only ever officially giving GBA VC games to early adopters / ambassador program. No widespread adoption of this series, so no development went into creating a SDK app that does their saves.
That will all change in the next version release of Checkpoint.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...