ROM Hack Is there a way to add the User's Manual into a 3DS Hacked ROM?

Datalogger

Living the Dream
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any utilities that can re-assemble a >9.6 "Cryptofixed" ROM and not lose the User Manual?

It looks like everything currently in the wild that works for Gateway loses the User Manual when it rebuilds the .3DS/.CIA file.

Decrypt9(WIP) and Decrypt9(UI) both can decrypt a .CIA extracted from a eShop >9.6 .3DS, and the .CIA works fine in CFW, but Gateway won’t launch them.

If I process the decrypted ROMs from Decrypt9 with Pack English v3.5, they launch with Gateway fine but because it uses 3DS Builder.exe to make the .3DS, it loses the User’s Manual.

Is there a utility I'm unaware of that will either rebuild a .CIA/.3DS complete with the User Manual or is there something that can insert the Manual into a working .CIA/3DS?

Last edited by Datalogger,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently the problem is that gateway doesn't patch the sig check for manuals, so modified manuals won't work, at least that's what I've read. If so, there might be no solution except for pestering gateway to add support.

Datalogger

Living the Dream
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess you are right.
Everything I've tried doesn't show up in a Gateway.

Too bad, as this means all future .3DS eShops that are "Cryptofixed" will not include a User Manual :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...