is there a list for games the region free launcher can run?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by BlueBli, Aug 26, 2015.

1. BlueBli
    OP

BlueBli Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    Iceland
    hi ^^ im pretty new to the whole homebrew stuff and everything and im sorry if my thread doesnt belong here

just wondering if there's a list of compatible games the new region free launcher that comes with the starter pack for tubehax

sorry again if this thread doesnt belong here

2. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
  3. BlueBli
    OP

BlueBli Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    Iceland
    thank you ^^

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

my game is not even on the list so i guess its not compatible XD

4. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Or hasn't been recorded yet. Also, if you're using Ironhax or Tubehax, you're using one of the newer launchers. That includes RegionFour. I'm not sure if it improves compatibility, but it's worth a try.

5. BlueBli
    OP

BlueBli Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    Iceland
    im using the one that came with tubehax, and im trying to play Tekken 3D edition, i got it a long time ago and had it collect dust because of region lock issues... oh well, its just that every time i tried to play it it crashed and the 3DS had to restart, just wanted to see if its crashing because of compatibality issues

6. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    If you have the game try it out! And maybe you could update the compatible games site by adding this game to their list whether it works or not.

7. BlueBli
    OP

BlueBli Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    Iceland
    if its crashing it means its no compatible? i'll try it on another system and see if it still happens

8. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Make sure you're using the latest launcher by downloading this and copying it to the root of your SD.

If it still crashes, then that probably means it doesn't work. I can't think of anything else that would prevent it from running. If you want, you could add it to the compatibility list for future reference, maybe even for compatibility development eventually.

9. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Yea try another system just to be sure.

10. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    What about Ironhax/Tubehax? Do they share the same compatibility issues/list as Regionthree/four? If not, where are they?

11. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    It seems RegionFour doesn't improve compatibility (did a bit of googling), so it would make sense to just continue using the RegionThree compatibility wiki.

Jayro likes this.
  12. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Okay, cool. But what about Wikis for Tube/Ironhax? I am too inebriated to look for those on my own.

13. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I don't know, but at this point they should run everything designed for Userland just fine.

Jayro likes this.
  14. BlueBli
    OP

BlueBli Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    Iceland
    Well i tried scribblenauts unlimited and it worked just fine even showing up in the activity log title list, Tekken showed up there too tho its still not really working, i'll try it on another system sometime this week

15. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Just asking can you give details about your system, system version, your 3ds region, are you on new or old 3ds, your game region.

16. BlueBli
    OP

BlueBli Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    Iceland
    regular lue 3DS XL firmware version 9.9.0-26E pal version, game region NTSC for both scribblenauts and Tekken

17. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    Cool. I know a friend who's pretty good with 3ds hacking and he knows the codes and stuff of how it works I'll ask him about this.

18. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    i all boils down to if the game will run with the wrong language settings, the NTR language plugin solves most (if not all) region free language issues, but it unfortunately only works on 9.2 or lower.......but smealum did say he was looking into getting "something" sorted to solve these issues, idk if he will manage it or not, but just wait and see

19. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    You have me interested.... What is an NTR language plug in?

20. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013