Is there a legitimate PSP emulator for PS3? (and Dreamcast question)

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Elliander, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Elliander
    OP

Member Elliander GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was just wondering if someone managed to make an emulator to play PSP games on the PS3. I know there was one case of people pretending to have done so, but their program just bricked consoles as reported here.

In any case, wouldn't it be interesting if we could not only have PSP games running on the PS3, but streaming to the PSP like PS1 games do?

Also: I heard about a project to make a Dreamcast emulator on the PS3, but only saw a few videos without sound from a few years ago. Did anyone ever manage to finish it? And assuming it works, would I just take my old discs and put rip an ISO through the PC? Or could it possibly rip Dreamcast games directly?

2. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    Most PC drives won't read GD-ROM discs, and I doubt the PS3 drive could either, so you'd either need to find a way to rip them with your Dreamcast, or resort to other means. Assuming there's an emulator in the first place, which I doubt.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The Dreamcast actually came with a serial port, so what disc dump groups did was hook their dreamcast to the PC and use the dreamcast itself as a GD-ROM reader.

4. Plstic

Member Plstic Guru Meditation Error

United States
    or use a BBA if you're a pro.

Maverick Lunar X likes this.