Homebrew Is there a DS "Emulator" compatible with 3DS? (Homebrew Launcher)

survive9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...
What about now since we have a9lh and the hacking shitstorm that blew up within the last 3 months

At this point, on a 9.2 3ds we can do pretty much whatever the hell we want with it, so what about this? Still a dead idea, or not so much anymore?
Still no, cause TWL_FIRM looks for a cart in Slot 1 (3ds/ds cart slot). I believe that i heard that if we were to reprogram the TWL_FIRM to look in sd card it may be possible but we don't have the knowledge to do it currently. Also, please don't revive dead threads as far as I know that's a big no-no in every forum I've seen

D

Deleted User

So lemme get this straight... TC wants some type of homebrew program that basically functions as the flashcarts but built-in to the 3DS console? That does sound quite convenient. Since I don't imagine there is much interest to do such a thing for 3DS, wouldn't it be reasonable to see that for Wii U?
There's already DS virtual injection for WiiU
Because Nintendo made an emulator for it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Still no, cause TWL_FIRM looks for a cart in Slot 1 (3ds/ds cart slot). I believe that i heard that if we were to reprogram the TWL_FIRM to look in sd card it may be possible but we don't have the knowledge to do it currently. Also, please don't revive dead threads as far as I know that's a big no-no in every forum I've seen
We've reprogrammed home menu to allow region free :)

There's already DS virtual injection for WiiU
Because Nintendo made an emulator for it

We've reprogrammed home menu to allow region free :)
we've reprogrammed the arm9 process to look into the SD and boot stuff there :)

solsolis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not if you root android then you can use a ps3 or Wiimote with classic controller
Is there anyone to use wiimote with anything higher than android 4.1? I was fairly certain google borked the Bluetooth library and no one has published a fix other than an OTG Bluetooth adapter.

P

PaiiNSteven

Random thought, but how about a homebrew app that boots into dsmode, then loads something from there? Not necessarily a game, but something nds homebrew related.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Random thought, but how about a homebrew app that boots into dsmode, then loads something from there? Not necessarily a game, but something nds homebrew related.
Like the DS homebrew CIA we have now and then you can have the ability to boot a game? With homebrew though, I'm not sure that's possible since it is only user land (well... I guess it does have kernel exploits ;) )

WindyRain0212

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
home.nssdev.net
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Like the DS homebrew CIA we have now and then you can have the ability to boot a game? With homebrew though, I'm not sure that's possible since it is only user land (well... I guess it does have kernel exploits ;) )
Why don't we let the 3dsx homebrew slowly die out, or atleast don't let it limit us? Every thread about this has "HOMEBREW HAS NO SYSTEM ACCESS SO NO DS GAMES 4 U" but we already have A9LH and cia's on CFW and all that crap which basically have full access.

And yeah, flashcards are a thing. I hate those though. I'm yet to find an onlineshop who sells them for cheap to germany and has the ability to pay the courier instead with creditcard.
A software solution would be much better.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And on iOS, the website iEmulators has a signed (not taken down by Apple) download for NDS4iOS. It's a good emulator as long as you have a device that was made in the past 3-4 years.

Actually, if you have a iOS device you are better off using iNDS. It's sort of the successor to NDS4iOS and Nitrogen and it runs better.

D

Deleted User

Maybe someone could compile the retroarch core of NDS for the 3DS to try it out! I've heard it's really easy to compile RetroArch CIA's

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe someone could compile the retroarch core of NDS for the 3DS to try it out! I've heard it's really easy to compile RetroArch CIA's

You mean Desmume? That requires a library that isn't supported on the 3DS; someone (I can't remember who, sorry) made a post on here like half a year ago saying they would try to make a workaround, but I don't think they ever had success.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

You mean Desmume? That requires a library that isn't supported on the 3DS; someone (I can't remember who, sorry) made a post on here like half a year ago saying they would try to make a workaround, but I don't think they ever had success.
How about the newest core?

D

Deleted User

We could compile it as a CIA to utilize the full systems capabilities

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
We could compile it as a CIA to utilize the full systems capabilities

That still wouldn't change the fact that Desmume requires a library that the 3DS doesn't have (but it could be implemented, or at least simulated, given enough time and effort). Emulating a DS on the 3DS would be incredibly sluggish though. It'd be more ideal to come up with a Devolution or Nintendont type solution. Bring up the ARM9 and ARM7 in DS mode, run game off SD card. It'd be neat to see an open-source implementation of TWL_FIRM that tries to do this, if it's possible (and if it is, it's certainly not easy, or we'd probably have seen details on it by now).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission