Homebrew Is there a DS "Emulator" compatible with 3DS? (Homebrew Launcher)

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Not if you root android then you can use a ps3 or Wiimote with classic controller
That's kind of inconvenient though. For portable gaming you usually want something small, with dedicated controls built into it... like a 3DS.
Otherwise you'd be lugging one of these monstrosities around every time you wanted to play something on the go.

gameklip-420x315.jpg

Not very convenient.

Reactions: Margen67

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's kind of inconvenient though. For portable gaming you usually want something small, with dedicated controls built into it... like a 3DS.
Otherwise you'd be lugging one of these monstrosities around every time you wanted to play something on the go.

gameklip-420x315.jpg

Not very convenient.
The moga (or something similar) is a better choice. It's small and has a built in stand.

Reactions: link6155

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Semi-related question, would it be possible to force-load a Acekard 2i on a New 3DS with homebrew? o.o

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if you're on 9.2 or below.

The Moga Pocket is only $10 right now on Amazon, the price has dropped like crazy since it was first made: http://amzn.com/B0096L2SJ0

It would be a great controller for retro emulation, but the lack of a d-pad is what kills it. Make no mistake however, it still works fine if you can overcome that and it's actually portable unlike it's successors and other solutions.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So lemme get this straight... TC wants some type of homebrew program that basically functions as the flashcarts but built-in to the 3DS console? That does sound quite convenient. Since I don't imagine there is much interest to do such a thing for 3DS, wouldn't it be reasonable to see that for Wii U?

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
So lemme get this straight... TC wants some type of homebrew program that basically functions as the flashcarts but built-in to the 3DS console? That does sound quite convenient. Since I don't imagine there is much interest to do such a thing for 3DS, wouldn't it be reasonable to see that for Wii U?

It's not a matter of interest, it's that it currently can't be done. I imagine it's definitely possible, you'd just need kernel access. The way the 3DS runs DS games is by underclocking itself (is that the right term?) so it kind of 'becomes' a DS of sorts, allowing it to run the games natively without any kind of emulation. That only makes things more complicated.

Like I mentioned before, if Nintendo released DS games on the 3DS eshop then it might be possible to inject ROMs into it like it's done with VC titles, but I don't think that's happened yet.

D

Deleted-236924

It's not a matter of interest, it's that it currently can't be done. I imagine it's definitely possible, you'd just need kernel access. The way the 3DS runs DS games is by underclocking itself (is that the right term?) so it kind of 'becomes' a DS of sorts, allowing it to run the games natively without any kind of emulation. That only makes things more complicated.

Like I mentioned before, if Nintendo released DS games on the 3DS eshop then it might be possible to inject ROMs into it like it's done with VC titles, but I don't think that's happened yet.

They've already released DSi games on the eShop, all that DSiWare. It does that when it boots. Goes in a DSi mode and boots said software.
That would also be the case for any DS games they might release on the eShop, if they ended up releasing any on there, that is. Wouldn't be any emulation going.

But, would still be possible to get that and replace the rom in it as we do with VC titles. No doubt.

Reactions: Margen67 and ric.

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Yea if you were to inject a ROM that would require kernel access. I also heard someone asking about tricking the 3DS to thinking that there is a DS card in the slot, that would require kernel access as well. But I don't think anyone would even be bothered about DS games if they had kernel access when you can play 3DS ones lol.

Last edited by Wizardkoer,

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here's the thing, the 3DS theoretically it can run any DS rom with a flashcard, this is possible since the 3DS is backwards compatible with the DS, therefore, making the use of flashcards possible for the loading of any NDS game that you want, the thing is, if you look the 3DS in a hardware perspective, the CPU of the 3DS is able to do it since said console is able to just switch off the system, and "downgrade" all of the procedures in order to fit the DS, if we want to do it with an SD Card, we would need a kernel exploit able to control EVERYTHING the 3DS has, including the possibility to give orders of any kind.

The 3DS Homebrew Launcher will not launch any kind of DS games (Or at least those with 9.3 and superior) but even then it isn't possible, not because we don't have the kernel exploit, if not, because this one doesn't have full accessibility to the most internal commands of the 3DS, we may have control of the 3DS games with cias, and with that we can play any kind of 3DS game, but NDS games are another thing, remember that the 3ds processor has to be downgraded in order to play them, and we don't have a kernel exploit powerful enough in order to do that.

So...
What about now since we have a9lh and the hacking shitstorm that blew up within the last 3 months

At this point, on a 9.2 3ds we can do pretty much whatever the hell we want with it, so what about this? Still a dead idea, or not so much anymore?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4